Bird Flew Into My Kitchen.

I'm so proud of my dogs! I opened the kitchen door to the small back porch to shovel the dog ramp. A bird flew over my head and into the open kitchen door. I have five greyhounds, but Mickey was the only one up at six am. He followed the bird as it flew around the kitchen, but listened to my "leave it". I kept losing it, but Mickey showed me where it went. When it flew into the dining room, Gigi and CeeCee didn't even get up as the bird bounced off the walls. It fell to the floor a few times, but nobody tried to eat it. If they had already eaten this morning, they may have looked at is as dessert. It took me (and Mickey) about ten minutes to chase it back out, and now I have bird poop on my bathrobe! Is that supposed to be good luck?

After I got it out, I realized that I should have taken a picture of Mickey standing over the bird when it was on the floor in front of Gigi's dog bed. Of course, I would have had to go into another room to get the phone, and I'm not sure that it would still have been there after being left alone with the dogs! Sorry folks!

Edited by Neighsayer

Mine have gotten birds outside, but have yet to even get off the couch when one gets in the house. They won't even chase the occasional mouse. The cats will go berserk over the bird but ignore the mice, too!

I usually throw a towel over the bird to get it outside.

Glad your adventure ended well!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

After I got it out, I realized that I should have taken a picture of Mickey standing over the bird when it was on the floor in front of Gigi's dog bed.

Without pics, this never happened :lol What an adventure, good doggies!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I can just imagine the scene! I have had to move furniture - like beds before, while trying to keep the cats away. That get's your day started with a bang!

As for the poop, being good luck sounds good to me. I can use all the good luck I can find these days. :)

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest greybookends

Happens here all the time. The GHs will watch it but generally leave it. Huey is another matter as soon as I know it is in I have to crate him and listen to him scream while I catch it and put it outside. He managed to get a cardinal once before I could get him, fortunately I was right there to take it from him and he only stunned it and after a minute or two to recover it flew off.

Guest lynne893

I'm so glad you were able to save the bird!!

We've had poor panicked hummingbirds fly into our kitchen a few times. Always got them out, but it's scary!