Urinating In House

Guest kar

she is eating but does not seem herself to me especially today - don't know if that had something to do with the vet visit or if she is just not feeling well - I thought for sure she had a uti when she peed on the bed - but vet said no sign of one

If she's acting like she has one in your experience, you could ask the vet to have the urine cultured. Hopefully she is just tired/stressed from the vet visit.

If she seems well (apart from today) but still has to pee a lot, wonder if your adoption group might know of folks who could help you out by letting her out midday? Sometimes people get together and swap favors like that.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

i agree but do not want to wait until she suffers - had to put two down already one at 9 months with serious heart valve disease (she kept collapsing and lungs filled with water) With her I think I waited too long - the other had a rare nerve cancer in his back - was in a lot of pain. just don't want to see her suffer. and i know it is not usual for her to urinate in the house she if very quiet today - I'm hoping she is stressed by the vet visit I

Have you heard from your vet yet today? Thinking of your girl.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

snow's bloodwork came back fine. however her urinalysis bun/creatine ratio increased to 1.2 does anyone know how bad that is? he is increasing enalapril from 1 20 mg pill daily to 1.5. I do not know how bad that reading is all he said it was an increase in the wrong direction I was at work so it was hard to discuss

Are you referring to the urine protein:creatinine ratio? If so, 1.2 is higher than normal, but still not that bad. Any signs of infection in the urinalysis? Did they do a urine culture?

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

As the fellow owner of a urinator....... I would insist in a culture before mucking around with her drugs. I'm not a vet, but I have discovered that I am my dogs' best advocate, and that sometimes vets make mistakes or go for an easier solution. And I have also regularly been right when insisting there is an infection despite no obvious signs otherwise.

Yes, normal urine protein:creatinine ratio is 0.5 or less. And I agree with Brandiandwe about the culture. It is possible to have an occult infection that doesn't show obvious signs on urinalysis. Best to make sure.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

i am feeding her hills kidney diet - in your opnion should i continue with this - she is not overly fond of it and every chance she gets trys to steal the other dogs food. I hope she does ok and i get the uriinating under control - if not i am going to insist again that he do a urine - or try to go somewhere else for a culture.

I would insist on the urine culture immediately. Any reasonable vet might say "I don't believe it's necessary, but I'll go ahead anyhow". I would never, ever continue going to a vet that flat out refused a test I was requesting.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

As the fellow owner of a urinator....... I would insist in a culture before mucking around with her drugs. I'm not a vet, but I have discovered that I am my dogs' best advocate, and that sometimes vets make mistakes or go for an easier solution. And I have also regularly been right when insisting there is an infection despite no obvious signs otherwise.

This. I don't know why I've hit such resistance about getting cultures (I keep getting told they're expensive, but I'm paying for it). Even if they come back negative, at least you've ruled something out.

In a non-medical way, I feel for you. We are having real trouble with Leo urinating in the house--at this point we're 99% sure it's behavioral, but I know how frustrating the situation can be.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.