Eating Habbits Have Changed

Guest CCSir

Our greyhound (Zoom) recently has become leary of eating out of his food bowls. We've had him for almost three year now and he will be turning 10 in June. He's never had a problem with his food bowls before and within the last week has acted like his food bowls have the face of satan starring back at him. He has gone for almost three days with just picking at his food and tonight I dedided to see if he would eat it out of my hand. He ended up eating the whole bowl of food because he was so hungry. :omg (Only two cups)

At first I thought it was the newer flavor of food (same brand but different flavor), but he's eaten it for the last two and a half weeks just fine and that doesn't explain the water bowl. I went out yesterday and bought a new set of bowls to see if that was it and that's a "no".

He normally gets two walks a day (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) but because of the cold spells we're lucky if we can get one in. He's still pretty regular as far as bowel movements and other than the eating and drinking he seems perfectly fine. I'm concerned because I don't feel that feeding him by hand is exactly right, but I certainly don't want to poor fella to go hungary just because he's spooked by his food bowls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try putting the new bowl in a new location. Sailor has issues with metal bowls. It makes him nervous when his tags hit the bowl and if the tags get stuck on the lip and flip the bowl, game over.

I'm guessing something happened to scare him.

This :nod

Much thanks to everyone. I moved the bowls and all seems to be well. He started eating on his own this evening and is back to being his happy-go-lucky self again.