Freezing Canned Wet Food?

Meandmy

My sweet old gal is starting to become a picky eater. She eats dry kibble with different wet foods mixed in (along with hot water to heat everything up!). However, she only wants to eat a particular wet food for a day or two before she won't eat it again for a while. If I add it back into the rotation later on she's happy to eat it again.

I moved to the smaller cans of wet food, but now even those end up with too many days in a row of the same food for Tori's tastes.

So, has anyone frozen wet food? I was thinking of freezing individual portions in a muffin tin, then defrosting and maybe warming it up in the microwave before meals.

Any reasons why this wouldn't work?

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

That would work fine :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have frozen canned cat food for my picky hedgies and after thawing it in the fridge, they eat it and seem to enjoy it. I can get wee little cans of cat food from Wellness; a mere 3 oz. Maybe a size like that would work for Tori, if they make the little cans in dog food?

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies