Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacks_Human

My 2Nd Gotcha Day, By Jack

Guest Jacks_Human

Hi ebberybody.

Mai REAL gotcha day was yesterday but mai hoomans were sick an doing lots of 'paperwork' (which is anudder way to say not petting me!) an forgetted to post. So dis is mai story.

I wuz born in Ireland an trained to race an I wuz a good sprinter but den I got bought by sumwun who made me run mid-distance an I wasn't so good at dat. So I got 'retired' an sent to Scotland with a mean man who treated me bad. When he bringed me to the nice people at the greyhound rescue I was very skinny an didn't have much fur an I was scared of everything.

DEN...I saw a special hooman! I was so excited the rescue people said my Favourite Hooman could take me home rightawayquick. Even though the world was super scary I knowed my hooman would keep me safe. Slowly I learned that most hoomans are nice an dere is no reason to be scared.

Last year mai hooman saw I was not getting enough cuddles, so dey picked out a second hooman to come take care of me. She definitely taked good care of me, so she and my Favourite Hooman getted 'engaged' which means we all live together in a new home. An just to make sure I gets enough cuddles my hooman helped me become a Therapy Dog so I can make new friends with people in hospitals. I think this is a good life, even if sometimes my hoomans eat curry and don't share.

jack_grin_zps4f5a5426.jpg

Guest june

Oh my gosh Jack, you just stole my heart. If you ever decide you want to come to the united states you could come stay with us. You are one lucky, lucky, and very loved boy! Happy second gotcha day!

What a beautiful story about Jack! :)

Happy Gotcha Day, handsome! :confetti

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Holly Oaks Holly, Hopper the terrier mix, and Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, and River, our perfect hounds gone too soon
Walls turned sideways are bridges. -Angela Davis

Happy Gotcha Two Jack!

May you and your two hoomans have many more great years together.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

What a journey you have traveled, Jack, from a scared untrusting houndie to one who gets extra lovins being a Therapy Dog. Definitely, life is good. I'd guess that you get extra treats to make up for the curry :lol Congratulations and Happy Gotcha Day Jack :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy Gotcha Day, Jack. You've gotten the happy life you deserve.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

I hope yesterday was only the 2nd of many Gotcha days for you , Have a great year

Daphne

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:confetti:confetti:confetti

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why won't the Humans give you any curry?? My dogs all love curry! ;)

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Happy Gotcha Day, Jack!!!! I hope your humans are making up for neglecting you yesterday.........

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:confetti Happy Gotcha Day, Jack! It's a wonderful life! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Happy gotcha day Jack!

Glad to hear you've increased the numbers of petter's in your life since being adopted. No curry, least they can't blame the smelly trumps on you Jack, do you get compensated with some rice or naan instead ?

Happy a Gotcha Day #2, Jack! Your humans are very lucky!

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)