A Squishy New Addition To Our Nest!

Guest TheBakers

Guest TheBakers

Hi Everyone!

We're Charlotte & Nathan in Leicester, UK, and we've just blessed our lovely nest with Archie the snuffle pig greyhound.

We got him from the lovely Sandy at East Midlands Dog Rescue. He's such a gorgeous pile of love! I've had greyhounds my whole life since I convinced my mum to adopt an ex racer at the age of 12, and now I've flown the nest, Nathan and I decided to get our Archie.

We walked a few greyhounds around the paddock but it didn't really click. Then Sandy bought this massive, happy bouncing thing out of his pen and he trotted straight up to us and gave us kissies. He walked beautifully on the lead and he did a little dance when he shook which I've now called his 'achey breaky pelvis' dance.

He's 4 years old, and ex Irish racer and his racing alias was Archie's Memory. He had quite a good form though his trainer gave up on him. He was days from facing the bolt when Sandy got to him.

He's so gorgeous we couldn't imagine life without all his daft antics, insistence on snuffling everything he comes across and the amount he snorts like a pig! We didn't give him the gift of a life, he gave us the gift of him.

Look into those big chocolate button eyes... isn't he gorgeous? :)

b6ab3bb2-a217-441c-aad6-dd3bed3104c6_zps

Welcome to GT!!! Archie is a stunning boy!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a love he is! :wub: I am glad you found each other. Welcome, and congrats on your very handsome addition!

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

He's gorgeous!!! He sounds like a wonderful character, too!

By the way, four generations back in Archie's pedigree is a dog called Flashy Sir (on both sides!). Flashy Sir was the sire of my little old dog Jack, who was the greatest, funniest character. We lost him in 2009 and I still miss him. He was 13 1/2 years old, so it was his time, but we'd only taken him on as a 'bounce' at ten years old, so we didn't have him anywhere near long enough. He was simply one of those great little dogs.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Congratulations and welcome to GT! He's a beauty! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Those big bouncy boys are fun! Handsome dude!

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

He's _very_ cute.

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest TheBakers

Thank you everyone! :) We are very proud of our beautiful boy :) He's ever so friendly as well, he tries to say hello to everyone he meets on his walks :)

@silverfish, that's amazing! Archie was born in 2009! He's actually a second cousin of my mum's late hound Bobby, they shared the same great grandma, Leggy Waitress! It sounds like you gave Jack a lovely life in his twilight years. What more could a hound want than cuddles, runs in the park and a soft sofa? :)

Guest TheBakers

He is very beautiful! Though we do have several images to the contrary....this is one we got of him a few moments ago, resting up after having a quick potter around the block and eating his dinner...the poor love is exhausted!

Untitled_zps24c226a7.png

I'd like to dub this photograph, 'A Difficult Retirement'....

Congrats !!

He's a very handsome fellow.

He sounds like quite the entertaining character and I'm sure you'll have many years laughing at his antics!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Congratulations! Archie is very handsome & sounds a right character.

If your not already aware, RGT Leicester hold monthly greyhound walks, it doesn't look like they've got round to updating for 2014 yet. http://wlld.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=events or if you fancy a trip over the border to Nottinghamshire http://nottingham.retiredgreyhounds.co.uk/Events/

(they also visit Elvaston castle usually sometime in winter :()

Edited by moofie