Tessa 7/10/02 - 12/26/13, New Pic Post 60

macoduck

Tina little Tessa joined us in May of 2012. I'd been looking at her picture on the rescue website when I was asked to transport some other iggies to Virginia Beach. I adopted Tessa from her foster mom that day.

Tessa had a rough start in life as a pet shop dog purchased to breed. She lived outside in the mountains of Georgia. She never saw a vet and didn't get pregnant until she was 9. The owners had no luck in selling the pups. IGCA rescue took them in and provided Tessa with much-needed medical care: a hysterectomy and removal of all but 2 teeth.

Tessa was a sassy little gal who easily fit in with our other dogs, Harold, Gracie, Pudge, and Possum. The only thing she hated was car rides. She slept on my bed every night in her own little cat house. She loved snuggling with my husband.

On rare occasions she would miss a meal or two, but she'd bounce back. Labwork, ultrasounds and xrays showed nothing definitive so we just treated symptoms as they arose. Tessa stopped eating this week for 3 days. She still drank but her urine was dark. Energy levels were sinking. We went to the e-vet Christmas day. Again nothing definitive but some signs of mild bladder infection, possible sludgy gallbladder, slight anemia. After some injections and pills we came home. The day after Christmas our regular vet reviewed the e-vet report and wanted to see Tessa. There's a new snap test for pancreatitis and she wanted xrays. Neither of those was remarkable but her labwork showed drastic changes from the day before. Most of the values were in the red. Probably from immune mediated hemolytic anemia. She was given something for pain and I brought her home. The plan was for one last night of snuggling, then letting her go the next day. A few hours later she looked horribly worse and drastically paler. Her pink toe pads were completely white, she was vomiting, her mouth was white. We rushed to the e-vet and gently let her go.

Tessa had quite a fan club on GT. I have been remiss in posting many photos, so here are some for you to enjoy.

012.jpgf4087939-b568-4c13-9ba9-d804b27e2034_zpsdc673ea1-17d0-46b0-981d-d13b17a40ea3_zps

8e13b7cc-da93-48c4-9d9b-1d4d9d71787a_zps028.jpg022.jpgbf72b096-40f2-4671-a9cd-394a84ef7cbf_zps001-1_zps89069f16.jpg

And some videos:

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/duckomac/media/tessa/010_zps199e464c.mp4.html

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/duckomac/media/tessa/012_zps088447c9.mp4.html carpet swimming

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/duckomac/media/tessa/030_zpsd6e5403c.mp4.html ear clearing expert

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/duckomac/media/tessa/013_zpsf42be4e9.mp4.html bedtime!

Sleep peacefully, my tiny Tessa. Go find Harold, Gracie and Possum who left us earlier this year.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run free little Tessa, Run free.

:f_white Miss and Mister Ducky

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

It's always so sad, but some seem harder to take than others. I am sorry she was with you such a short time.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So sorry Ducky. We were so lucky with Birdie's recovery from IMHA. Tessa was a lucky girl to have landed in your home.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

I'm so very sorry Ducky. Her pictures in the little cat house made me smile :D

For you, here she is in her original cat house:

f11c5bac-5bba-4a05-867e-ae89a3ad6ea3_zps002_zpsef4a170e.jpg

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky, thank you for sharing the pics and videos of your little won. Who knew there was such a sport as carpet swimming? Tessa mastered that beautifully and she made me laugh and smile at how happy she was, not a care in the world. What a sweet, sweet girl. I am so very sorry for the hole in your hearts right now. :grouphug

Godspeed little Tessa. :heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry for your loss of little Tessa. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

So sorry Ducky. God bless you for giving her a year and a half of nothing but love, safety, and security.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

So sorry for the loss of this little sweetie, what a wonderful life she had w/you, loved her pictures :grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Godspeed sweet Tessa. In the springtime, we will find just the right plant to remember you by and you will join all the angels in the Memory Garden.

Ducky, thank you for showing Tessa what a home should be - she knew what it was to have kind words, love and be cherished. I am so sorry that she could not stay longer to enjoy the life she finally found with you. :grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Ducky, I am so sorry your beautiful tiny Tessa had to leave you.

What a sweet little girl. I loved her carpet-swimming video!

I think you were all very fortunate to have each other, even though your time together was short.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I'm so sorry your dear funny girl couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.