Ernie Got Attacked By A Pit Bull

Guest laura150

Guest laura150

Neighsayer-some parts are still great with a great sense of community but it's one street's great, the other street's bad. We're close enough to Southie that we're not in the thick of it but still I keep my guard up!

Other than the pit bull last night, I actually love the neighborhood and area. It's one of the only non-pretentious areas in Boston proper!

Guest laura150

I know that area well!! We are on Dot Ave close to the JFK/Umass red line stop.

That's great about your Dad walking all the way to Southie! He must be in great shape.

I'm really sorry to hear about the attack but very glad to hear you reported it.

My mom was born in Dorchester. Grew up in Lexington. Do you ever go to Phillip's Candy House? I have find memories of that place as a kid.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I just can't imagine knowing you have an aggressive dog and not feeling the need to hold onto his leash.

That's what gets me also. What is sad is that these dogs who can be very sweet and loveable fall into the wrong, inexperienced or careless hands and they and other unsuspecting dogs end up paying the price for it.

Guest laura150

I know! I do love all dogs and know that pit bulls are such a misunderstood breed and are often great pets and that it's the owners who make them or break them. Any dog walking on the streets needs to be leashed for their own safety and others.

Guest laura150

Ernie has made a full mental recovery! He was depressed for a couple of days after this all happened. He would give a feeble wag of the tail when I asked him to go out. Usually, it's a huge affair for him, jumping in the air, herding me to the door, nosing the door knob. He didn't want to jog and he always turned for home. He snarled (we call him Snarls Barkley when he snarls and bares his teeth) a few times at my husband when he went to pet him. One great trip to the dog park seemed to do it. He's back to his goofy, sweet self and had a great Christmas. Whenever we get close to that spot, he does slow down and sniff but I nudge him forward. I keep my eye out for that dog and his owner.

Thanks for all of your concerns!!!!!