The Topaz Legacy Started 14 Yrs Ago Today

MP_the4pack

Fourteen years ago today I was shocked. Heartbroken beyond belief. Who'd think a young goofy 5 yr old would die? (Liver disease). I was supposed to have her for another 10 yrs. She was supposed to live to 15!

This was the start of Topaz's legacy.

I adopted Onyx 3 weeks later. I thought it was karma since she was a smiley dog and so was Topaz and they both had gemstone names. But she wasn't Topaz.

(Onyx is a legacy to Topaz being the first to be adopted after she died and to also be a smiley dog with a gem name)

I searched and inquired about many goofy white/black girls over the next two years. There was always a hurdle: they didn't adopt to NJ, they don't like dog doors, etc. Then I saw Pretty Profit in Fla. No hurdles. And she fit the description of what I wanted to a 'T'. Thus entered, now named Pearl. The girl who turned out to be my heart and soul hound.

I lost Brindle my first grey 2 weeks after I adopted Pearl. Brindle was only 8. Even though I wasn't thinking of having 3 dogs, I looked around the net at pictures and found Half Profit in the same group as Pearl was from. It was her littermate. How could I resist? So Diamond joined her sister Pearl.

(Pearl is linked to Topaz thru color and personality, Diamond is linked to Topaz thru Pearl)

For many years I had that three pack, and was happy. Still missed my Topaz and Brindle. Sometimes just perusing the adoption sites for fun, when I found an adorable, teeny tiny little white/black girl in Kansas. Once again, no hurdles. This little pipsqueak of a girl was kicked off the farm before her career even started. And she was called a firecracker. Also Devil Spawn. So, now that I have had 4 gemstones, I had to keep up the theme. What gem had fire in it? Opals of course. And that little stinker is still with me, 50 lbs soaking wet.

(Opal is linked to Topaz thru color)

Then I lost Pearl. At age 12 I can't complain especially since she had heart disease and hypertension. But...........sigh, she was my heart and soul. I adopted another white/black girl a month later. Jetta BB Alslots became Jade. Then I lost Diamond. A year after I lost Pearl, Onyx succumbed to the awful icy winter we had, and she went to the Bridge. Three babies in a year.

(Jade was linked to Topaz thru Pearl and color)

Weeks following Onyx's loss, Jade started to escape. And nothing I did to the fence could keep her in. Within a month of losing Onyx, I had to give Jade back.

So now it's just Opal and me, and Opal was always the mother hen even though she was the youngest. She was always very concerned where her pack was.

After being turned down for a little girl after being lead on to believe I was approved, I went online and once again was drawn to the white/black girls. And I found Tanzi at Monica's heart.

(Tanzanite is linked by color and personality...she's quite a goofball)

Last year I thought I'd like to get back up to 4 again but this time adopt a senior. I found Crystal Falcon...............TOPAZ'S NIECE!! Also white and black and looking very much like her Auntie. I lost her 18 days later. (she was 11)

Opal is currently mothering a pack again with Tanzi and Emerald.

Emerald is the only other grey aside from Brindle that was not a Topaz legacy.

Topaz

Topaz2.jpg

Topbri1.jpg

Topaz8.jpg

So many losses, and yet so much joy.

You taught your momma well, Topaz. :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

What a beautiful, special girl.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France