Something Better Than Rawhide

Guest Sh3rryann

Guest Sh3rryann

Rawhides tend to make my pups fart and become more lazy. Deer antlers work perfectly though! It keeps them very distracted! They are not cheap unless you are like me and have a hunter in your neighborhood and get them for free. Has anyone else given them to your greys?

Guest Doggone

Autumn didn't care for the antlers, and while she loves rawhides, they result in a mushy " end product". I have instead, given her the Himalayan dog chews ( which I learned about on this forum :) ). No problems at either end, plus one lasts forever. I occasionally give her a knuckle bone (Dentley's ?.........I also saw that here :) ), and she's okay with it, too, although her interest is sporadic.

Guest Sh3rryann

Autumn didn't care for the antlers, and while she loves rawhides, they result in a mushy " end product". I have instead, given her the Himalayan dog chews ( which I learned about on this forum :) ). No problems at either end, plus one lasts forever. I occasionally give her a knuckle bone (Dentley's ?.........I also saw that here :) ), and she's okay with it, too, although her interest is sporadic.

How big are the Himalayan dog chews?

I was excited when I found the Himalayan chews and mine wanted nothing to do with it. I'm not crazy about bully sticks because I find undigested clumps in their poop. I'm concerned about broken teeth with deer antlers but if I were to try them what size would you recommend? BTW: Thanks for the site recommendation. I'm always looking for reputable sites.

Guest Waterdog66

Smoked Dino Bones are Audrey's Favorite but Antlers just don't seem to interest her for some reason.

her favorite part of going to Petco is when she gets to nose around the bone bin :D

Guest Doggone

How big are the Himalayan dog chews?

They look about 6" long. I tried one first, and when she seemed to like it, I then ordered from Amazon (packs of 3). Also, when there's only a smallish piece left (and I get concerned it could be a choking hazard), you put that piece in a microwave for about 15 seconds on high, it puffs up, and then becomes a large-ish "biscuit"! Autumn likes these even more. :)

P.S. Obviously, the "biscuit" has to cool down first. :D

Edited by Doggone