R.i.p My Beautiful Princess Lulu

Guest Rob1969in

Guest Rob1969in

As some of you have read from my other thread in the medical section, my little girl Lulu went to sleep for the last night time on Friday, and I am devestated, Lulu was my third Greyhound ,I got her by accident, I went with a friend whom I had talked in to getting a retired Greyhound for his two kids and Lulu was at the kennels, she was skinny and looked very sorry for herself, she was, as the kennel people said'Unhomeable" because she was an escape artist ,she had scars all over her body from jumping a 6 foot fence topped with barbed wire to escape, they then made that fence 8 foot and still it didn't stop her and she was apparently living on borrowed time, but as I was helping my friend pick a dog suitable for his family, Lulu kept catching my eye, she was staring at me and her face was so sweet, I asked about her and they told me all about her as I mentioned above (excuse my storytelling I am no writer) I asked if I can take her for a walk, they agreed and I took her out of the kennel and for a walk around the grounds ,well she kept stopping and looking at me ,sometimes jumping up and resting her paws on my chest and looking in to my eyes, I have never believed in fate but I just knew I had to have her, the problem was I already had a male Grey at home called Malcolm and he was very nervous and I didn't think I had the room for another dog, So i walked her round and then gave her back and off she trotted back in to the kennels, I helped my friend with his new dog (Jasper) and as we were leaving I looked over at Lulu and there she was staring at me, I could not stop thinking about her for the next few days, so I rang the kennels and asked if I could foster her ,just for the Christmas period, they said okay after a while but warned that she would be a handful and she would be trying to escape, I went back the following day and picked her up with my friend and his daughter

When I got her home I was nervous about how Malcolm would react I didn't need to worry ,he liked what he saw! I fed lulu , I have never seen a dog eat so fast, she gulped down her Greyhound mix and seconds later coughed it all over the floor!

And as for her being an escape artist ,yeah whatever! she never left my side, even going to the toilet I had to let her come with me because she would scream outside the door ,so I would be sitting down for a number 2 and she would be lying down at my feet! anyway I soon decided that I was to keep her, I had already decided that when I first met her if I was to be honest! She settled in and became a perfect roomie for me and Malcolm ,the best decision I ever made.

Anyway the next six years with Lulu and Malcolm were magical, they absolutely adored eachother, they were inseparable ,everyone thought they were brother and sister because they were both fawn https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=39465613453&set=a.38919453453.62589.615908453&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=39587248453&set=a.38919453453.62589.615908453&type=3&theater

They never fell out although Lulu used to test Malcs patience from time to time as she never let him play unless she was involved, sadly last year Malcolm was diagnosed with Mouth cancer and was given 3 months to live, he held on for over 12 months and sadly had to be put to sleep, he was an absolute angel, I am crying just thinking about him, I have not spoken about his death until now, I hadn't even been able to look at his pictures until today ,so special was he,the gentlest most lovable boy anyone could wish for and when he went part of Lulu went too, for at least two weeks she was so quiet ,she just lay in her bed ,only asking to go out to pee etc, she was always a hungry girl but she was off her food too for at least a week, my heart was already broken, seeing Lulu miss her buddy broke it more, well Lulu never really got back to herself and here 6 Months later she has gone too, I know they say you can't die from a broken heart, and I know Lulu had a brain tumor, that was the official diagnosis but I believe she didn't think much of life after Malcolm went, sure she was still a lovable pet for me and enjoyed her cuddles and her treats but she was never the same again, well I hardly had time to get over Malcolm and now Lulu has gone too, I am devestated ,completely inconsolable ,I just can not believe they are both gone, it is the end of a magical era for me and yes I will adopt another Greyhound or two in the future but I need to get over this first, I am proud to say I gave these 2 wonderful dogs a loving home, where they wanted for nothing but why was there lifes so short, Lulu was 10 ,Malcolm was just 7 ,I am an aethist and don't care what happens to me when I die, but I want to believe that there is a rainbow bridge where they meet up again and run around all day everyday and curl up with eachother every night, just like they did when they were here, How wonderful would that be!

I love you both so so much and I am so thankful that we found eachother, you are the best dogs I have ever known.

Edited by Rob1969in

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That last photo says it all. She was meant to be with you.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Rob1969in

A couple more videos of Lulu and Malcolm

This is how I will remeber my special babies. I have to thank certain members off this forum for advising me to share my memories ,although it has made me cry buckets it is also lovely to see how happy they were together xx

Edited by Rob1969in

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lulu and Malcolm.

Run In Peace, dear ones.................................................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh, how heartbreaking that you lost two in such a short span of time and so young....

No matter what, try to take comfort that thanks to you, Lulu had a home and love she would not have otherwise had....and Malcolm had a lifelong friend.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

A couple more videos of Lulu and Malcolm

This is how I will remeber my special babies. I have to thank certain members off this forum for advising me to share my memories ,although it has made me cry buckets it is also lovely to see how happy they were together xx

Wonderful memories :beatheart

I am so sorry that you have lost both Malcolm and LuLu. It looks like they had a wonderful life together!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Thank you for sharing Malcolm and Lulu with us. I am so very sorry that you have lost them. There is something extra special about the ones who pick you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for your loss. It is made even harder losing them so close together, I know. Time and good memories will help to heal your heart.

Godspeed Malcome and Lulu. You will be greatly missed.

They are pain free and together again.

HUGS.

Guest PiagetsMom

My heart goes out to you for losing both Malcolm and Lulu so close together. They were beautiful pups, and were well loved.....I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Gosh what a happy pair they were! Looks like they were a lot of fun - Lulu must have been quite the little pistol...so glad you have those wonderful videos to supplement your memories. I am so sorry they both had to leave so close together. I can see them running around, together again....

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Lulu and also for the loss of your beloved Malcolm.

:grouphug

Rest in peace, sweet babies.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France