Maya - New Extreme Fear Of Flies

Guest PiagetsMom

my girlfriends greyhound was terrified of flies.

She resorted to using a pop-up small "tent" that was the indoor Safe Place for her dog to go. That seemed to help.

You could try some essential oils. Many of the scents are calming,, some are great at repelling flies as well.

good luck!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm really surprised how many people have seen this. I thought I had one really neurotic dog with how fearful Raven got with flies. Glad she's not so weird after all :lol

My Stella always did this, she was terrified of flies. She has been gone a long time now (too long :( ) and our house still reacts in a flash and frenzy when we see a fly, even though Jeff could care less. It has been ingrained in us, fly=emergency

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

I'm so sorry that your girl has such a strong reaction to flies. There's nothing worse than watching our babies suffer from their demons knowing there's not much we can do to fix it. My Luna was bit on the belly by a deer fly over the summer, and it left a nasty welt. From that point forward, she didn't really want to go outside to face the evil creatures. If one gets in the house, she seems to do better if I just cover her up with a light blanket (so she thinks they can't get to her) and leave her alone while I get rid of it.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).