Just Found This Site

Guest Mjulian

Guest Mjulian

Here is my latest. I inherited her when my mother passed in April. She is 12 and loving her new home!

1239557_10202048358432784_2033547403_n.j

Here is my best friend that I lost a year ago. I still miss him terribly...

224669_3995780087023_1266176118_n.jpg

Here is my race bike and decal I had made for the side. I think it makes it faster ;)

971989_10200613680078564_793833168_n.jpg

377318_4133567011610_1839873491_n.jpg

Edited by Mjulian

She's lovely. So sorry your best buddy had to leave. My DBF loves his CBR 1000. I got him a guardian angel bell (which doesn't work) perhaps he needs a decal like that :)

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

:wave Welcome to GT!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome, love the decal! Your hound is beautiful. So sorry about your mom and the loss of your best friend.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thanks! Did you get your hound from GPA Nashville?

We went through All About Hounds, out of Smyrna, but talked to the GPAN folks as well. Both groups are great, but AAH had the hound whose picture I fell in love with online. :)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:wave Welcome from CT. So sorry about the loss of your mom and your best bud. Your senior girl is beautiful, what is her name?

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Mjulian

She's lovely. So sorry your best buddy had to leave. My DBF loves his CBR 1000. I got him a guardian angel bell (which doesn't work) perhaps he needs a decal like that :)

You should. My wife and I both ride CBRs on the racetrack!

Welcome from lower, slower Delaware.

I am sure your hounds are not slow.

Welcome from Atlanta!

thank you!

Welcome from Florida - sorry for your losses and happy you have your mom's special doggie.

:gh_runner Mindy (9) and :ghplaybow Beau (2)

That is true! When my mother became very sick, my wife promised e would take care of her little girl, but, to be honest, we were worried. Candy had some serious behavior issues, including soiling any carpet in the house if she was let out of her area. She was rarely walked, and had a dog door that opened into a bricked area. She was overweight and fed all kinds of things she should not be eating including chocolate milkshakes. My mother was in a great deal of pain and taking strong narcotics, so it was difficult to talk to her about caring for the dog properly.

My wife and I were in the process of building a house and had moved in above my mother's garage two weeks before she passed. We were there for a month after her passing handling the estate. We worked hard, (positive reinforcement techniques), getting her used to walking on a leash, and switched her to a raw, (Primal) diet along with Orijen kibble. Her behavior issues continued, however and we were concerned about bringing her into our new home.

We put up a large fence around our new back yard and a dog door and moved her in, hoping for the best. Her transformation was nothing short of remarkable. She is happy, relatively healthy, (treated for CHF), and her discipline issues vanished. There was a lot of stress for her the past several years with my parents, (My father had Alzheimer's and passed a year before my mother), and we had many health care workers and caretakers in and out of the house. She now sleeps in our bedroom every night on her bed, and relaxes in the living room. She loves the big back yard and gets exited like a puppy when taken on walks, but follows us perfectly on the leash. It has been an amazing transformation for a 12 year old hound!

Edited by Mjulian

Guest Mjulian

:wave Welcome from CT. So sorry about the loss of your mom and your best bud. Your senior girl is beautiful, what is her name?

Thank you. Her name is Candy Well