Ate My House Keys? Help.

Guest DeniseL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DeniseL

She has two other dogs. . .

hahaha I left Miami alone with the keys while I took the girls out for their walkie. Then, when I brought the girls back, I took out Miami. So technically, they were all alone with the said keys. Funny, how I only suspect Miami. That is, if the keys came inside and were not left in the door.

With the xrays done, I really am stumped as to where they could be....

Guest blueberri

The vet tech there, who I love, said, "Denise, you have to be the only person I know who loses their keys and xrays the dog" LOL

PMSL!!!!!!!! Gave my poor niece a fright I was hooting so loud~ :rofl :rofl

The last e-vet attendance was over Sparky eating an entire tub of nappy cream. Our regular vet just cracked up when we saw her, and figured she'd better offer him some jerky before other things started appearing appetising :)

I did ask the e-vet if they could do a frequent flyer scheme :) We're now in negotiations on discounted attendance in exchange for him being an on-call blood donor :nod

The vet tech there, who I love, said, "Denise, you have to be the only person I know who loses their keys and xrays the dog"

:spoot

Love the comment. Glad Miami doesn't have the keys!!

I'm paranoid about losing my keys so actually put a dog tag with my cell number and "if found please call". Touch wood have actually never needed that but makes me feel better.

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Keys, keys. Who has the keys???

Soooo glad they weren't in Miami!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Miami hid them somewhere to drive you nuts :lol

:lol

I once left mine in my underwear drawer (had stopped to get a handkerchief, which I used to use to clean my glasses) and once in the refrigerator (don't recall how that happened).

At least they're not IN a dog ... we think.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Denise!!! Geesh you know I had to read the entire thread to see if Miami ate the keys. Reminded me of a commercial where the guy picked up his bulldog and used him to unlock and start the car to get him to the vet, because he did eat the key. Apparently it was a commercial for keyless entry and start.

I guess you checked your coat pocket? And emptied your purse out completely. (I had a spare set of keys in my purse and when I left the primary set in the car, for the life of me I couldn't find them. It wasn't until I changed purses that I found them ... after calling a locksmith to open my car)

Did you check dog beds? Maybe Miami did take them but not eat them.

Guest DeniseL

UPDATE!!!! KEYS HAVE BEEN FOUND!!!

The culprit was definitely Miami. The evidence is undeniable. Yes, this really happened. It cost me a total of $165 ($125 for the xray and $40 for the new locks) and my DH losing a half a day of work.

The keys were under his bed. The bed that my DH and I assumed the other looked under. Or maybe we looked but didn't move it completely like I did today vacuuming. At any rate, this is what I found today:

IMAG3358_zps17369f68.jpg

Further observation proves Miami's involvement in the case:

IMAG3361_zps59380c24.jpg

The coupon cards are suspiciously chewed!!!

When presented with the evidence and questioned, this is the look I received:

CAM00009-1_zps3be8575a.jpg

I mean, how can I be mad at a face like that?! :wub:

Maybe he was just upset with me for leaving him for three days, and decided to teach me a lesson...

Oh, well. I'm just happy to find them, and slightly completely embarrassed at the location. I swore we looked under his beds, I mean, that the first place you look, right????!!! Ugh. :blush Only me would this happen to. My DH will never let me live it down...

Edited by DeniseL

Better to be embarrassed than have that cutie patootie go through surgery to retrieve those @#%^$* keys! He is adorable and no, I could never be mad at a face like that!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Maybe he was just upset with me for leaving him for three days, and decided to teach me a lesson...

He didn't want you to go anywhere ever again. :lol

Whahooooooooooooo; the lost is found!

And thanks for explaining that truly-weird-to-me commercial--I'd never known what it was about before now.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

UPDATE!!!! KEYS HAVE BEEN FOUND!!!

The culprit was definitely Miami. The evidence is undeniable. Yes, this really happened. It cost me a total of $165 ($125 for the xray and $40 for the new locks) and my DH losing a half a day of work.

The keys were under his bed. The bed that my DH and I assumed the other looked under. Or maybe we looked but didn't move it completely like I did today vacuuming. At any rate, this is what I found today:

IMAG3358_zps17369f68.jpg

Further observation proves Miami's involvement in the case:

IMAG3361_zps59380c24.jpg

The coupon cards are suspiciously chewed!!!

When presented with the evidence and questioned, this is the look I received:

CAM00009-1_zps3be8575a.jpg

I mean, how can I be mad at a face like that?! :wub:

Oh, well. I'm just happy to find them, and slightly completely embarrassed at the location. I swore we looked under his beds, I mean, that the first place you look, right????!!! Ugh. :blush Only me would this happen to. My DH will never let me live it down...

Denise, do I know my house guests or do I know my houseguests?

Glad you found them and solved the mystery.

Guest FawnFan

I'm just seeing this now and have read through the whole thread. This is great. Very glad Miami didn't eat them and only took them to his favorite hiding place. Thanks for sharing the adventure and glad you've got your keys back, even with the slightly chewed plastic coupon tags.

Hope you and your pack have a great week!

Guest DeniseL

Here is a link to the commercial :)

ETA: the link didn't post from my phone... lets try this again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOgbyo6kvI

hahahaha love that commercial, I never saw that before!!

Denise, do I know my house guests or do I know my houseguests?

Glad you found them and solved the mystery.

You do!!! That's why you are their Auntie MP :beatheart

Next time they come over you will have to hide your keys :hehe