De-Lurking After One, Two, Three, Four Years!

IansMom

Hello from Houston!

I have been lurking around for several years since we got our first greyhound, Ian, in 2009. At the time, I had never been on any kind of forum, so I didnt know to introduce myself. By the time I figured that out, I was a little embarrassed of my poor etiquette, so I just continued to check the forums, but only commented a few times. I finally decided to introduce myself and my family because I felt so bad seeing remembrance threads and never offering sympathy because no one knows me. There was Bill, Jabari, and so many others.I think the loss of Joe T. Reporter finally made me cave. They are all just so special.

Anyway, before I introduce our little family, I need to say that I owe someone an apology and I have no idea who it is. About a year after I got on Greytalk, someone had posted in off topic that she was feeling down and seemingly for no reason (i.e. no job lost, no death or sickness in family,etc.) and I posted a reply that although I didn't mean it to read as insensitive, I know that it did. We had just found out that my brother had pancreatic cancer at age 40, had about a year to live, and I was just a mess. I dont remember exactly what I posted, but I know it wasn't my place and came across as very insensitive, so whoever you are, I sincerely apologize.

Now, for the info about our little family. We adopted Ian (racing name Sir Ian) from GPA Houston in March of 2009. He was about to turn 4 at the time and he turned 8 last April. He was our first and is his daddy's (Chris, my DH) "little buddy." He's so full of personality! He does, however, have an "I was here first" attitude. He has been known to make sure he is the one getting all of the attention by pushing our other 2 away with his rear end. Hes very expressive and lets us know when its time to eat, time to pet him, time to potty, time to give him attention, .you get the idea. He loves going to the vet, undoubtedly because he gets more attention!

We adopted Bella (racing name Hookem Nikita) the following year (2010) after we fostered her over the 4th of July holiday. This wasnt a failed attempt at fostering. We had decided to adopt again, but needed to make sure whichever little greyhound baby we got could get along with Ian. Bella had arrived at GPAH in December 2009 after someone found her on his property. She had been at GPAH for 6-7 months. Potential adopters would visit the kennel and just pass by her because she would just lie in her kennel, roaching. I guess she just seemed uninterested, or maybe like she just wouldnt be any fun. However, all of the people who passed her by REALLY missed out on the sweetest & funniest little girl. She has been with us now for a little over 3 years. Every year that has gone by, DH and I have commented on how she has really come out of her shell, as though she was still shy the year before. She just continues to surprise us. She never used to ask for attention, I dont even think she wanted it. Now she walks straight up to me & puts her little nose between my knees so I can rub her earsies, and she isnt shy about it at all. She practically licks my face off when she kisses and when she gets excited, she runs up to me with her mouth open (picture Jaws) and does something almost like shes biting my face, but she never bites-she just makes contact with my face and then runs away. She plays in our backyard with DH. She will hide from Chris behind a tree and then jump out a run to him and offer a play bow. Other times, she will slowly walk in his direction with her head down and just as she gets close to him, she jumps up to him, or greets him with her play bow. It is just too funny to watch. I think she really thinks shes tricking him. Anyway, she just turned 6 in May and she is just perfect!

Finally, we adopted Petey, a whippet, in July of 2011. A friend of mine found him without a collar and called us. She had previously had a greyhound and thought he may be a whippet/greyhound mix because he is on the bigger side of the whippet range. Poor little guy was so thin and all of his paw pads were completely raw, I assume from walking on hot concrete. We were going to give him to GPA, and I guess on paper, we did. We just couldnt let him go, so we adopted him about a month after he was found. We think hes about 4 or 5 years old. Petey is mommys little cuddle bug and velcro dog. We tried to have him sleep on a bed in our room like Ian and Bella do, but he just wanted no part of that. He made his way into our bed and sleeps there now. Hes just so sweet and has the dreamiest little eyes.

So thats it! Here are a few pictures. They arent the most current pictures. I will post some more recent ones later.

This is a picture of DH and me with Ian (white with brindle patches) and Bella (black) before we got Petey.

517f51c9-0199-40d1-a72e-4eedcc99dc9b_zps

Ian 2012

IMG_0532_zps33b9f093.jpg

Bella 2011

04f07cf0-86c5-48ad-b235-971b030c7412_zps

Petey 2011

IMG_0210_zpsc92dfbf8.jpg

I will try to post more pictures later. Thanks for looking!

Lisa & Chris with Ian, Bella, and little Petey

Lisa & Chris with Bella and Little Petey

~Our sweet Ian forever in our hearts~

Welcome! I used to have two greyhounds and a whippet. I have since lost all 3 and whippets are hard to come by around here unless you go the breeder route, so I just have greyhounds. Indy used to sleep in bed, too, with his head on my pillow, tucked under my chin or down by my feet. Silly little guys!

Your fur family is quite handsome!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Your hounds are gorgeous! Like you, I lurked for a long time and just recently started posting more. I love this site and all the lovely houndies!

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

Welcome to GT officially! Your pack is gorgeous and all sound like real sweeties.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Ahh what cuties! Dane was born somewhere in Texas, but I have no idea how close it is to you. He also had a litter-mate up for adoption recently in Huston! (I tried to nudge my cousin in that direction, but she was like 'Yah you guys in Arizona are closer to us than Huston'. I think they are in El Passo XD) Your houndies are all so lovely~~!

:wave Glad you finally came out of hiding! Lovely pack!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest FijiHound

Welcome, Lisa... from yet another Lisa :D

I was the complete opposite! I had joined and already began posting before a grey was even picked for me :lol

Guest kalzanetti

Welcome :) I have 2 whips and just got a grey. LOVE how they get along and act like they have been together forever. Whips are both 6 and grey is 2 !!!

Welcome from NJ. I have five greys, and a bunch of larger outside critters. Love the pics. I haven't posted pics on here in ages, because photobucket was giving me such problems. Now I only post pics on the GT Facebook page. I may try another photo hosting site. Do you use photobucket?

Irene

Welcome from NJ. I have five greys, and a bunch of larger outside critters. Love the pics. I haven't posted pics on here in ages, because photobucket was giving me such problems. Now I only post pics on the GT Facebook page. I may try another photo hosting site. Do you use photobucket?

Irene

I do use photo bucket and I wish I could tell you which way I did it. I think I copied and pasted the "direct" link that is an option under each picture in your library. I will test it here and see if it works. If not, I will try the other way.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag25/ltheall/IMG_0146_zpsd30bbf52.jpg

I do use photo bucket and I wish I could tell you which way I did it. I think I copied and pasted the "direct" link that is an option under each picture in your library. I will test it here and see if it works. If not, I will try the other way.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag25/ltheall/IMG_0146_zpsd30bbf52.jpg

Ok, so that way just pasted the link. Here is testing the "IMG" option.

IMG_0146_zpsd30bbf52.jpg

Irene-I tried sending you a private message, but I "don't have permission to do that." I need to spend a little time learning how to use GT. Anyway, in case you check back....below every image in your library, there should be 4 options. If you click on the one called "IMG" then copy it into your message, you will see a big long link. Delete everything before . Then post your message. Your picture will show up in the body of the message. See my handsome boy Ian? Good luck with photo bucket!