Eye Discharge In One Eye

Guest laura150

Guest laura150

For the past couple of days, Ernie has had eye boogers (sorry!) in only one of his eyes. It's not a ton but I've been noticing it lately. It's only in one eye. Has this ever happened to anyone and if so, what did you find caused it/worked to help?

James tends to have more mucous in one eye than the other. I think it's normal. Or rather, hope it is. Doesn't seem to bother him. Eventually, it slides out and forms those adorable little eye boogers.

I would not be so blase about it and just assume it will go away.

Keep an eye on it (hahahaha) and if it continues, a quick vet check is in order. He could have something in there, and you don't want him to scratch his cornea.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I'd take him in. Murphy had excessive discharge in one eye and it turned out to be quite serious.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Kasey is notorious for eye booger. We swab it out with a q-tip. Gross and disgusting, but I'd rather get it out of his eye for him, than he shake it and it dries permanently on my walls! We've had him checked out and it's normal, but he has had this all his life to be honest. But at least if you have Ernie checked out, you know you can rule it out in the future. It really is better safe than sorry since it's new for him. As long as it is a light grey so to speak, if it has ANY green or yellow in it - it's pus - which is bad news.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015