Quick Question

You want to loosen up a greyhound? Really? I'm going to have to follow this thread, this is a new one. :) I would also suggest milk. If the constipation is from an excess of raw bone, I would suggest raw green tripe.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I know this sounds backward, but, when my iggy had really hard poops, Metamucil helped.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Yes, they mentioned that but I'm hesitant to try it. It can work both ways and at this point,

I don't want to go the wrong way!

You might know - the first greyhound we've ever had that has consistently rock hard poops

no matter what she eats and she ends up having to have this surgery.

Aaaack!

That sucks. I'm sorry. I can't recall what we gave to James the ONE time we got him constipated by trying to firm up his poops. Poor pup was in a lot of pain.

Well, I'm glad you started this thread b/c now I need it. Our new addition has rock hard poops. Sometimes they seem too hard and she strains. I have pumpkin that I can give her, but how much? Anyone know?

A big heaping scoop, I'd imagine.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--