Hurry Hannah

djsgreys

Hannah the Beautiful

July 6, 2000 – October 14, 2013

Her racing name was Hurry Hannah but to us she was, and always will be Hannah the Beautiful.

IMG_3286.jpg

After her racing career ended, Hannah had a second career as a momma – raising six litters of pups. Finally at nine years of age she was able to retire and made her way to Canada. The moment I saw her picture I wanted to adopt her, but she had been promised to another home. When circumstances changed and she was returned the foster family adopted her before I even knew she was available. Then last August, I got the call – her second home could no longer keep her, could I foster her? It took me less than a second to respond with a resounding NO. I would NOT foster her, I was adopting her.

And so on August 6, one month after her 12th birthday, Hannah finally came home. From the moment she arrived, I knew she was worth the wait. Thin and stressed by the last few months in her previous home, Hannah blossomed in ours. Soon, she had gained the weight she needed, and the accidents that led to her being returned were non-existent at our house. Hannah was a gentle spirit and wanted nothing more than to be loved, and petted and petted and petted. When we would stop, up came the paw to gently scratch us as reminder that our work was not done. Not one to give up easily, if we ignored her request for more pets, she would go to one of the other greys and paw them. No matter how many times we told her that they would not pet her, she never gave up trying.

Hannah loved people, the more the merrier, and was thrilled to be part of the many events we took her to. Her gentle and sweet manner won over everyone she met. But it was when she was out in the yard that Hannah had her happiest moments. Winter, spring, summer or fall - to run freely, or just stopping to investigate the smells, she made the most of every minute.

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

While browsing Greyhound Data, I was surprised to see that I had actually placed one of her pups. Last September at the annual picnic, mother and daughter were reunited, and raced in the radar run together. Her daughter Cleo came to stay with us while her family was on vacation. Having them together was such a beautiful experience and gave me a glimpse of what our beautiful girl was like in her younger years.

SisterAct.jpg

Hannah gave us a scare a couple of weeks ago, but seemed to be rebounding. Then this morning she collapsed. It was time to say goodbye.

Hannah – find all our angels that will be waiting for you. I will miss stroking your beautiful spotted ears, snuggling with you on your bed and watching you go down the stairs so carefully. Know that forever and always you will be in my heart. I love you Hannah the Beautiful.

IMG_2876.jpg

Your forever mom.

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannah was stunning! I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to her, but bless you for giving her a wonderful home when she needed it.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, sweet girl.

Godspeed, Hannah.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. It's wonderful that she finally found her way to you. I wish she could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Hannah.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest goofydog

Thank you for sharing Hannah's story with us. She was beautiful and I'm glad you brought each other such loving memories. Godspeed beautiful Hannah.

Edited by goofydog

Deb and John, I am so very sorry that Hannah the Beautiful had to leave. I am so glad that you got that time with her and Cleo. Thank you for being patient and waiting for her to make her way to you.

Hugs

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

A beautiful tribute for a gorgeous girl. Deb, I'm so very sorry.

Run free, Hannah.the Beautiful

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

How wonderful that you found each other. If only she could have stayed longer. Farewell pretty Hannah.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:bighug :bighug for the Magoos.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I'm so glad you found each other, and that she knew she was loved.

:grouphug

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly