Maya And Intestinal Issues (Update)

IAMs

I thought I'd put this up here just to let everyone know what's going on as our next step. (You can see a past post here. It's the very thorough writeup that my wife posted a couple weeks ago).

I talked to our vet last night and we've decided to go see an internist at Texas A&M. Her feeling (and mine, too) is that the internist may better be able to guide us towards our next step... whether that is a biopsy (cutting an incision and removing a small piece of the material that is near Maya's intestines), a laparoscopy (cutting a much smaller incision and using a tiny camera to view the material near the intestines), or something else that hasn't been suggested yet.

I just wanted to post the update. Once we have an appointment time, we'll let y'all know what's going on. Thanks for the continued thoughts and good wishes!

-Joel

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)