Sorry.. Doggie "junk" Q :(

Guest carriej

Best thoughts for Mr. Rich's vet visit today.

This is one of the many reasons I love grey parents. We check EVERYTHING. At some point I am sure Aquitaine will forgive me for taking a flashlight to her below the tail area last week to check that there were no disgusting white wiggly things there. A joy for us both it was not.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carriej

Well; he just spent the last few minutes grooming his junk and I got a chance to see; and I can't see anything wrong with it. His "thing" looked red though.. Is it supposed to be that bright? My god, you'd think I never owned one before but honestly I never seen my other boys junk at all. Kept it well hidden I guess lol

Speculation as to whether there was just some dirt on his bird and I may have thought it was blood when it dripped... We do have red clay here.

Thank god I have no human children... I would end up in the looney bin really fast! So paranoid... He has another app for two weeks time to give it a check and get another deworm.

However, his junk doesn't seem to ever "fully retract"... Like it's inside the sheath, but it's like.. RIGHT THERE. lol

Maybe my other boy greys were just broken and this young pup is normal. lol

Guest RMarie

His "thing" looked red though.. Is it supposed to be that bright?

People don't call it 'red rocket' for nothing :lol

My other fav....he's red on the head like a dick on a dog

Guest carriej

LOL...

Now he's in his crate howling like a madman. I should tape it... It's like no sound I have ever heard before. Sounds almost like a seal barking.

He's probably fine. I've had four boys and many male fosters, each one has been "equipped" differently and each looked differently. (Yes, in my experience, the tip of the penis should be just inside the sheath.) Also he's a recent neuter, those hormones are still raging, so getting "excited" is a regular occurence for the next little while.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest carriej

My other boys didn't roo either; but looks like he does. It doesn't sound like most rooing I have heard though... Sounds like a seal :) lol

So nice to be able to talk to you guys who are much more well versed in the area of doggie hoo dillys. LOL. I get myself so worried - like I said most likely paranoia from losing two hounds this summer.

My first pony was a gelding and we had foals born on the farm every year so I definitely learned more about sex/procreation from the barn than from school :lol

My geldings were normally pretty good about sheath cleaning - a skill I put to use with my volunteer riding now as all of the horses are geldings and one or two of them can be fussy about sheath cleaning, but they *ahem* relax and let me do it. :rolleyes:

My last mare LOVED having her udder cleaned. I never really understood how she could get it so dirty but she would lean into my hand and grunt and wiggle her lips whenever I cleaned it.

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest Celestrina

My last mare LOVED having her udder cleaned. I never really understood how she could get it so dirty but she would lean into my hand and grunt and wiggle her lips whenever I cleaned it.

That sounds so wrong.

It actually sounds like an hilarious racing name... I need to find someone who will name their dogs after Greytalk "inside jokes": "Legendary Olives" "Fuzzy Trombone" "Doggie Junk" "Wizz Wanger"

:rofl

And I own 3 geldings...and all of them love to get their sheaths cleaned......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I've done lots of sheath and udder cleaning back in my farm days. My ex and I managed a small breeding farm at one time. It was all live cover. None of that stuff phases me. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Celestrina

:rofl

And I own 3 geldings...and all of them love to get their sheaths cleaned......

My three didn't particularly seem to like it, but they didn't fight it.

My first pony was a gelding and we had foals born on the farm every year so I definitely learned more about sex/procreation from the barn than from school :lol

My geldings were normally pretty good about sheath cleaning - a skill I put to use with my volunteer riding now as all of the horses are geldings and one or two of them can be fussy about sheath cleaning, but they *ahem* relax and let me do it. :rolleyes:

Well. I'd say you won the Internet for today.

Edited by Hollis

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

OH, an occasion to whip out (ha) the Sheath Cleaning Song I found on the ninnernets:

The Sheath Cleaning Song
Author Unknown

(Sing it to the tune of "Hello Mother, Hello Father" from camp song)

How's it hangin'?
So much cleaner.
Aren't you glad I
washed your wiener?

I'll admit it's
kinda creepy
that I had to stick my arm up in your pee-pee.

It was sticky.
It was gunky.
It felt icky.
It smelled funky.

It was cruddy,
it was crusty--
when you stuck it out, it creaked like it was rusty.

After half an
hour of toilin'
and of squirtin'
baby oil in,
you're as fresh there
as a daisy.

Either this means I love you or else I'm crazy!!!

--Also, in regard to Mr. Rich -- keep an eye on his weenie. Aston showed no outside symptoms aside from peeing in the house, but a baaaad sheath infection was the culprit. I now check up on him about once a week.

Perhaps check in with the vet to get an idea of whether what you currently see is a good baseline? can't hurt.

Sheath cleaning...and there is a song about it...now I've heard it all(well not the song)... :blink:

I'm reading this in bed as DH is getting ready for work. He just vowed to stop asking me what was making me laugh so hard :rotfl:spoot

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest carriej

You guys are all kinds of weird, but I must admit I kinda like you guys :rofl

And yes we are ontop of the whole hoo-dilly situation... :)

They think he may have a UTI, so he's going to go through antibiotics.

Now of course, I'm panicking that he will have a reaction to the antibiotics (I know, I'm such a worrywart...)

Guest Clawsandpaws

You guys are all kinds of weird, but I must admit I kinda like you guys :rofl

And yes we are ontop of the whole hoo-dilly situation... :)

They think he may have a UTI, so he's going to go through antibiotics.

Now of course, I'm panicking that he will have a reaction to the antibiotics (I know, I'm such a worrywart...)

What do they have him on? We often have dogs on ceph, doxy, flagyl or metronidizale without any issues. Don't worry, they are a lot more tough than we give them credit for!