Sorry.. Doggie "junk" Q :(

Guest carriej

Guest carriej

First I have to apologize for this gross topic... lol

I have owned almost entirely male greyhounds, other than one female who I only had a foster for 4 weeks - so boy parts are nothing new to me.

That being said..

Our foster (who we are likely to adopt) seems to have something going on with his Junk. No smells or leakiness... But it looks "full" like he's sporting almost the equivalent of a doggie woodie (I am so sorry.. lol), but it's not peeking out or anything. He doesn't seem to be paying much attention to it; but it's bothering me. Not one of my other boys ever had this.

Any ideas? I've been watching what he's up to and trying to see if it's only like that sometimes or all the time.. But he just arrived here Sunday and I know that stress can make weird things happen.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic. And welcome to the historic, legendary olives thread.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest carriej

LOL hoo-hoo dilly. Will have to start calling it that now.

It's the entire "sheath" (can't believe I said this) and it just seems as though he's excited.. But it never seems to go away.

I'm not sure when he was neutered either - I am assuming at the beginning of the year but his papers haven't come over yet. It could have been only a few weeks ago.

I will keep an eye on his hoo-hoo dilly and see if it changes size.. It seems like sometimes it goes away; but he is quite restless and I don't know him well enough to know if this is normal for him.

Someone beat me to the olives! That shows up a couple times a year. It was time!

That thread is now 10 years old. It's 7 pages long.

I have a three-year-old foster boy, neutered back in February. He's got quite a pair of olives on him first thing when he wakes up. Everything calms down after a bit. And if I look while he's actually sleeping, everything's quite tame.

darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Clawsandpaws

LOL hoo-hoo dilly. Will have to start calling it that now.

It's the entire "sheath" (can't believe I said this) and it just seems as though he's excited.. But it never seems to go away.

I'm not sure when he was neutered either - I am assuming at the beginning of the year but his papers haven't come over yet. It could have been only a few weeks ago.

I will keep an eye on his hoo-hoo dilly and see if it changes size.. It seems like sometimes it goes away; but he is quite restless and I don't know him well enough to know if this is normal for him.

Rich was neutered about a month ago (give or take a week) he was in the adoption kennel for no time at all, and they spay/neuter within days of them arriving. They do a thorough check up during the spay/neuter... If you're really concerned, maybe call a vet and ask briefly?

I asked the kennel manager and he said he never noticed his boy parts. (I actually said fuzzy trombone, but he didn't think it was funny)

Edited by Clawsandpaws

Rich was neutered about a month ago (give or take a week) he was in the adoption kennel for no time at all, and they spay/neuter within days of them arriving. They do a thorough check up during the spay/neuter... If you're really concerned, maybe call a vet and ask briefly?

I asked the kennel manager and he said he never noticed his boy parts. (I actually said fuzzy trombone, but he didn't think it was funny)

Fuzzy trombone......why can't people just use the proper medical term......"wizz wanger" :hehe

Guest carriej

I'm more than likely being paranoid, after losing two greys in three months it's made me super paranoid when it comes to anything I think might be an issue. I even had a hard time leaving him with the kong in his crate while I went out today because I was thinking up all these crazy scenarios in my head that might happen... lol

Nice to know that he had a check up; I was going to book one for a few week's time after we "officially" adopt him and the two week foster period is over, just to have him weighed and another round of dewormer.

It must be quite a challenge to remember every pooch that has passed through the kennel! I was having a hard time remembering who the handful were on the weekend when I went to pick Rich up.. :)

I can confirm his voice box works very well... LOL

Guest Clawsandpaws

I have a good memory :) It helps that I am a volunteer, so while the kennel guys are working hard, I can cuddle with the pups! Lately we have been moving them out so fast I don't get to know them as well :(

Guest carriej

LOL well I am to be amusing :)

He's had a long few days on the trip over to Canada, I think he likes the cold weather (approaching the freezing mark tonight) as he always seems to want to go wander outside.

Guest FreeholdHound

Wasn't around for the "olives" thread but had to check it out. I am now convinced there is NOTHING that isn't discussed on this Forum. Too damn funny!!

Aston has a decent bit of "heft" to his junk, if you will. It doesn't change size if he's excited (and he is rarely excited -- no olives, even :lol ). His sheath also hangs down ever so slightly away from his belly, and you can see light through the skin connecting it to his trunk. Given these items, I am floored when people walk up to us from the side and ask if Aston's a girl, or boy? and it happens fairly often... :youcrazy

My poor dog. He's two feet away trying to sleep off cellulitis, and here I am discussing his man parts in a public forum.

(I actually said fuzzy trombone, but he didn't think it was funny)

I read this too quickly and totally thought "Fuzzy Trombone" was a racing name! :rofl

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest Clawsandpaws

I read this too quickly and totally thought "Fuzzy Trombone" was a racing name! :rofl

It actually sounds like an hilarious racing name... I need to find someone who will name their dogs after Greytalk "inside jokes": "Legendary Olives" "Fuzzy Trombone" "Doggie Junk" "Wizz Wanger"

Guest k9soul

:rotfl I had to check out the olive thread too. What a riot! I had noticed this with Rudy and was a bit worried about it, but seemed to just see it when he's doing his self-cleaning stuff :lol I have had male dogs before but they were always hairy "down there" and I had never seen it. I'm glad to see it confirmed to be pretty normal. :blush

Aston has a decent bit of "heft" to his junk, if you will. It doesn't change size if he's excited (and he is rarely excited -- no olives, even :lol ). His sheath also hangs down ever so slightly away from his belly, and you can see light through the skin connecting it to his trunk. Given these items, I am floored when people walk up to us from the side and ask if Aston's a girl, or boy? and it happens fairly often... :youcrazy

My poor dog. He's two feet away trying to sleep off cellulitis, and here I am discussing his man parts in a public forum.

Yeah, people always ask about my boys, too. But I'm short, so I have a better view of a boy dog's equipment. I think most of the folks who have to ask (or look) are just too tall to have a good angle.

Why not push back the sheath and take a look? If it's all pink and glistening with no sign of gunk or pus, or anything which looks like a bite or a tumour, then he's probably fine. If not, a vet visit would be a good idea. :)

I've never worked out why people are so coy about their dogs' dangly bits, as you can probably tell!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Celestrina

Why not push back the sheath and take a look? If it's all pink and glistening with no sign of gunk or pus, or anything which looks like a bite or a tumour, then he's probably fine. If not, a vet visit would be a good idea. :)

I've never worked out why people are so coy about their dogs' dangly bits, as you can probably tell!

Ditto. Look what I had to do when I had a horse.

Guest carriej

Well, looks like Mr. Rich does have something going on there.

I noticed it dripping today; he doesn't want to let me have a look (and I have no idea what I'm doing so maybe that's best) but he was standing over by me and I seen it drip and hit the floor. It was puss tinged with a bit of blood...

Looks like a vet trip.