Wetting Her Crate During The Workday...

Guest LunaTheGreyt

I never give my dogs a second out. They seem to survive. We get up, we go for a walk of *gasp* 20-40 minutes depending on whether I am walking both dogs together or walking them separately (we mix it up because that seems to be best for Kili's leash manners training). We come home and they have breakfast. Then I get ready for work. Puppy goes back into her crate and they both get a chew or kong or cookie and I leave. Granted, I come home at lunch and let them out. But before Kili I never did.

At lunch both dogs get probably 5-15 minutes of training (agility for Summit, agility and disc for Kili). Back in the crate for the puppy.

After work we do one of the following:

-Walks for both dogs (either together or separate)

-5 km jog with Kili (and I'm so tired after that generally speaking Summit won't get a walk that night)

-Training for both dogs (5-15 minutes each)

-Dog park for both dogs

I would say that they get about an hour of exercise per day. These being my performance intended dogs (well, Kili... Summit will probably never compete at this point... he's just my "screw up dog" to learn on, hee hee) and that's all the exercise they get on the average day.

UTIs are frustrating. Glad things are going better. Kili's recurrent UTIs just about drove me off the edge of a cliff. But at least UTIs are generally an easy fix (unless you're MY dog, then it requires months of medication and surgery) so that's good! Yay for Luna!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For others: could the runny tummy issues be related to the antibiotics clearing the good stuff out?

Just what I was about to post! Maybe some probiotics might help? I really like Fortiflora but there are other (and cheaper) options available if you dig around. Target has been stocking some good stuff lately. :)

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Just what I was about to post! Maybe some probiotics might help? I really like Fortiflora but there are other (and cheaper) options available if you dig around. Target has been stocking some good stuff lately. :)

She's on a good probiotic I bought from Amazon :) I've given it to her for the past few months. I'm not sure if the amoxicillin caused it...it had been 3 days since finishing them that the explosive D started. It really just reminded me of a tummy bug, the way it was so urgent and gross but lasted only 12 hours. She's better now though!

She's on a good probiotic I bought from Amazon :) I've given it to her for the past few months. I'm not sure if the amoxicillin caused it...it had been 3 days since finishing them that the explosive D started. It really just reminded me of a tummy bug, the way it was so urgent and gross but lasted only 12 hours. She's better now though!

Glad to hear she's feeling better! :)