Keeping 2 Year Old Grey Corralled For A Few Months

I honestly have no idea which would be the better solution post surgery. He spends most of his time in the bedroom so a gate might make sense. I have no experience with X-pens indoors where you can't anchor them. I just have visions of him driving the x-pen around the house .:blush I am not a big crate fan so that would be my last option.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I have used an xpen in front of the couch, and tied it to two legs of the couch.

I have also tied it to the dining room table. I'm the only one who uses the table, so I tie it to the far side where nobody needs to sit.

The gate sounds like it may be your best bet, since that room is already a comfy den. Maybe use the xpen to close off that room a bit if you need a smaller space? Again, tie it to furniture or doorknobs.

My mixed breed had major surgery and had to be confined for 12 weeks. He also had part of his tail amputated at the same time, so he could not be in his crate (which he loved). I used an x-pen, but I anchored all the "corners" with heavy stuff since he DID knock it over the first day. Worked out well enough. Gave him a little wagging room so as not to reinjure his tail.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

i wouldn't attach it to the couch, i see the dog climbing up and over or eating the couch. if you can reduce the area in the bedroom where he is comfy then that's a win-win situation. it might entail moving some furniture or using the xpen in there. but tying the xpen to some sturdy objects- table, chairs etc may work if you want to keep him near the "action" in another room since it can't be staked down. i'm sure you'll come up w/ a good solution to this delemma.

You can anchor an ex-pen to the wall using a couple good-sized eyelets screwed into the studs and then a couple snap bolts or zip ties. Wouldn't tie one to a piece of furniture -- a big dog can knock over / pull down some surprising stuff .......

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I used an x-pen indoors to keep my dog contained and quiet after he had Achilles surgery. He never tried to escape, seemed okay with it, and I thought it was the answer--until he lost his balance with his cast and crashed into it, knocking it over. Luckily he wasn't hurt. We then gated him in a room.

S.jpg