Excessive Drooling While Resting?

Guest rennina

Guest rennina

Misty has been drooling a lot while she is sleeping these two days. This morning I found her bed was soaked. I checked her mouth and nothing looks wrong. No signs of bloat. She also drools a little while she is chewing bully sticks and dental chews. Other than that everything is normal. No licking, no nausea or vomiting.

Should I take her to the vet?

Edited by rennina

Are you sure she didn't pee? There have been two random times Truman has peed, and the urine was both odorless and colorless. If I didn't watch it happen both times, I could've swore it was drool. Once was after he went to the doggie pool and sucked down a ton of pool water. The other time, for no real reason. If the dog overloads on water, it can go through the body so fast that it doesn't have time to be processed in the kidneys. I never took him to the vet because it only happened twice, and he seemed fine otherwise. Other people on GT advised me that although kind of a fluke, it's normal and happens sometimes.

If, however, you see her drooling excessively creating big pools of saliva, something might be wrong. Maybe a dental issue, maybe something else.

I don't mean to alarm you but, sometimes drooling is a sign of seizure activity. It could also be caused by incontinence, licking some part of the body and probably a few other things.

Are you actually seeing the drooling? Is she drinking much water?

I'd get her to the vet this week for a close check of teeth and mouth.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest rennina

Yes, I'm sure it's drool. I just waked her up, opened her mouth and found it's full of drool...She's not making puddles like she did last night though.

Could it be a vaccine reaction? She had her rabies booster last week. The drooling started two days after, but yesterday was the worst.

I'm taking her to the vet.