Blushing Greyhound?

Guest whitefawn

Guest whitefawn

Hi everyone,

I've had Winnie for about a year now, and I've noticed that her skin color changes throughout the day, regardless of temperature or season. It almost looks like she blushes at times, especially in the evening or after dinner. She has a bit of a bald bum, tummy and throat and her fur is white, so it's pretty noticeable when she gets pink or red. Her third eyelids can also get very red at times, and then get back to normal. She has no sign of infection whatsoever, and was recently diagnosed as low thyroid -even though she has no symptoms at all, apart from her bald bum. She's totally hyper, and seems to be permanently hot. Should I be cncerned about that? Is there anyone else out there with a similar experience? Thanks!

I have a Jack Russell, white, and when he gets stressed or excited, he "blushes." The vet said it happens when his blood pressure gets a little elevated. Kind of like his mom, naturally blonde and fair. My employees say they can tell when I'm mad or laughing really hard because my face gets really red!

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.