Never Used To Roo

Kasey, my 9 yr old Grey, has never been a rooing Grey. She might join in if another Grey is rooing at a park but only for a few seconds. About a month ago we lost my Swissy to Cancer, it was Kasey's best bud and Kasey had never been an "Only dog". I was worried how the transition would go but surprisingly Kasey has done great. She seems happy, eats well, sleeps a lot(the norm with her), plays with her toys and loves her nightly walk and rides to the school. The only difference is she has begun to roo, I have only noticed her doing it when I get home. I pull in the garage and can hear her rooing inside. Once I am in all is well again. She doesn't seem stressed or anxious just roos. When I leave she just watches through the window or sleeps, again doesn't seem anxious. Today I was mowing our front lawn and she was in the backyard sunning herself on the deck. As I shut off the mower I could hear her rooing out back. I snuck in and checked out the window and she was just standing on the deck rooing away. It's not a problem, it's not bothering anyone I just want to make sure this doesn't mean she is lonely, sad etc? I really see no other signs so I am curious why she has started the rooing. Just want my girl happy! Anyone have any insight or experienced this?

Myka roos when she hears the car or motorcycle pull up and if we're outside talking and she can't see us. I wonder too sometimes if she might be lonely.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Hard to say, but it's probably a big adjustment for her, as it is for you. Are you able to setup a camera to record her or a webcam to see if she's doing it all day? If all day, I'd say lonely. If only when you get home, then it's probably a welcome home message.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I've seen changes in my dogs after each passing of a pack mate. With the passing of Wink last week, Birdie has become hugely energetic doing the crazy zoomies she did as a 3 year old in the house. She is demanding "out" times more frequently and digging huge holes and running laps in our big yard. She was rooing along to a youtube the other day. (she is not much of a rooer)

I wonder if she was just keeping it all on the down low while Wink was so fragile. They are such sensitive dogs.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest VelvetOkie

with multiple dogs they have their own language and ways of communication with each other, a lot of which is non verbal. now that her friend is gone she still needs someone to "chat" with and since its you she is attempting to speak your language. i read once that rooing is a way to be involved with the family going ons. humans tend to be verbal.. talking, singing etc. so my guess is shes chatting away with a family member just like she always has, except now she is speaking her best people language where before she could relay messages via the non verbal dog language.