Hello From Australia.

Guest Ilovemydog

Guest Ilovemydog

Hi there!

I adopted a beautiful black and white boy named Mickey (racing name Mickalena) a month ago. He has settled beautifully in our home and is the best dog I've ever met. I've never really had dogs before as my parents weren't keen when I was a kid and my ex-husband wasn't either. I'm a single mum now and can do what I like so I got a dog. :)

A girlfriend of mine in New Zealand has two greyhounds of her own and she fosters them also and she'd been singing the praises of them to me when I expressed an interest in getting a dog. I took the kids to a market where our local greyhound adoption group were showing off some of the dogs looking for forever homes and we fell in love! I wanted to take all of them, but we decided on our Mickey and we couldn't be happier.

I'm now thinking about adding to the family as there are so many beautiful dogs that need homes and I would love for Mickey to have a companion on the days that I work. The lady who was fostering Mickey warned me that they are a bit addictive! :)

Anyway, I look forward to looking around the forum and learning more about these wonderful animals that we love. I'd love to show a photo of Mickey but I'm not sure how to link one here, can anyone help?

Guest Ilovemydog

Thanks!

He seems to have bonded particularly well with my youngest son, he seems to think of him as his little brother. Here's how they are together....

1234343_10202075390874444_311151908_n.jp

553038_10202054029460422_998629107_n.jpg

Guest Ilovemydog

He is gorgeous! I love his wee face in that last pic, an 'Are you dancing? Are you asking?' kinda thing - very impish.

He does look a wee bit flirtatious doesn't he? :) He always seems to be smiling when I take outdoor photos, he really loves his walks and his runs at the enclosed dog park, man is he fast!!!!

Here's one more of him and me during our walk at the nature reserve. Sorry, right now I'm one of those gratuitously annoying people that shows everyone photos of their dog... ;)

1236912_10201944608804974_945172781_n.jp

What, are you KIDDING? We REQUIRE lots of pix here!!!

And welcome to the cult... um, I mean GreyTalk!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Wow, he is handsome and so happy in all of those pics. And those ones with your youngest son. :wub: He has clearly landed in a very good spot! Welcome to GT. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Congratulations on your very handsome boy and welcome to GT! Love the photos of Mickey and your son together.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Congratulations!

Mickey is a total cutie. I love his bond with your son.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)