To Boot Or Not To Boot

Guest crimsonblayde

Guest crimsonblayde

Our boy had both a corn and bicipital tenosynovitis on the same leg/paw. I don't know if the corn caused the shoulder issue or if the shoulder caused the corn or if they are unrelated. Anyhow, while we were waiting for the injections to clear up the shoulder, we started booting with a therapaw.

His limp is entirely gone and his range of motion is 100%. The shoulder has been declared healed. He still has the corn but it doesn't seem to bother him on hard surfaces around the house. I keep it filed flush and when it gets loose enough, I soak and remove it. It's actually gotten a lot smaller than it was.

We've been using the therapaw for walks and meet & greets. Is this over-kill at this point? Or is it a better safe than sorry situation?

Thanks!

I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp. As there isn't a known definitive cause for the corns but, friction or lack of footpad fat is one possible cause I would continue with the use of the boot for now so long as it isn't causing discomfort it's self.