Jonelle Is Gone-We Are In Shock

greymomnc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry, how heartbreaking, my thoughts are with you.

Edited by 3greys2cats

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I am so sorry you have lost Jonelle so suddenly. I know how you feel. We lost Tasha suddenly on Easter Sunday to a cardiac event. She had been perfectly healthy with a recent good checkup at the vets, and had enjoyed a nice walk the day before. All was well it seemed. Suddenly the next morning she collapsed outside. We rushed her to the e-vet but she passed away within a few hours. She apparently had an abnormality within her heart and it was her time to leave us.

It is a shock. It is also the natural thing to look for signs that you missed. Please don't be hard on yourself. There is no way you could have known this would happen, especially after having her checked at the vets. With a sudden loss there just is no warning.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl. We have lost a pup suddenly, one moment playing with stuffies, the next minute dying in my arms. I am sure you are heartbroken and please do not question nor blame yourself, there are some things in life beyond our control.

Run free Jonelle, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my first greyhound, Frostman, suddenly at 10. He had just had his senior wellness exam and everything looked fine. He was eating well and playing with toys before bed. Then around 2:00 am he made a loud whining sound that woke me up and he was dead before I could get to him. His tongue was very dark blue when I turned on the light. A vet friend of mine told me it sounds like it could have been a ruptured aorta (probably a congenital weakness). I was in such shock it didn't occur to me to have a necropsy done. I've always wished in retrospect I had.

I do know the shock you're feeling right now and it's horrible. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry. :grouphug

I always want to know why, when, what, how ... and my first instinct would be to get the post mortem done, but quite honestly, I would be glad later not to have done it. It does 'violate' them and leave them not as we would wish to see them, and what does it gain? It's only really any use to you if you are looking for infection or poison or something which might affect a housemate, or for a genetic fault if you are a breeder, or know the breeder. Nothing you discover can bring her back, but can often raise more questions than you really want.

To be honest, I would try to look at it this way: she didn't suffer much (if at all) and died in her own bed, in her own home, surrounded by the people she loved. I have only had one dog die in his bed, peacefully, and how I wish they could all have the same experience. My brother also went pretty much that way at 44 years old and it is a terrible shock, but of some comfort to the family know that it was quick and painless. It's horrible for the rest of you, but for her? It's actually nice way for her to leave you, if she had to go. I didn't get the autopsy done for Jim, the one who died in his bed, though to be fair, we did know he had heart problems and was living on borrowed time.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special girl.

Godspeed, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry to hear your beautiful girl had to leave you. It is heartbreaking.

My family lost one of our golden retrievers suddenly. He was just fine, recent bloodwork was good and acting normal, then as he got up one morning at age 10, he collapsed and died right there. The vet thought it was a stroke. I'm glad he didn't suffer, but it sure was hard on us.

I am so sorry... Wow, I know all too well what it's like to loose a beloved pet. :(

Please don't beat yourself up..... Sounds like you were looking for signs, and were going to take her to the vet if things didn't turn around. That would have been what we all would have done.

Think about the good times.... All the memories you have. I hope I t helps you get through this rough time.

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

What a horrible shock. I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Jonelle.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Jonelle :grouphug .

I've never lost a dog quite as suddenly but can imagine the shock and disbelief you are feeling. Please try not to be too hard on yourself - some things are truly out of our control.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest LazyBlaze

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's shocking to lose a dog so suddenly. I hope that in the days and months to come you'll find at least a little comfort in knowing that your girl didn't suffer.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a similar experience with Honey, my first greyhound, when she was 12 1/2. She was fine at breakfast and ate with her normal gusto. Later that morning I offered the girls each a cookie. Very uncharacteristically, Honey showed no interest. She seemed a bit "off", so I made a vet appointment for her. By the time we left for the vet, she could barely walk. By the time we got there, she was unresponsive. Ultrasound indicated she was bleeding into her chest. I don't know what took her - maybe hemangiosarcoma, perhaps a vascular defect.

The sudden loss is a shock, but watching a beautiful hound deteriorate slowly isn't any easier. A loss is a loss.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)