Separation Anxiety And New Job

Guest KaraBearNC

Guest KaraBearNC

I adopted my first two greys after losing a job. I worked with them,until with behavior mod and Amitriptyline, I was able to leave them out and they not bark. After 3 months I returned to work. Now, after an hour of my leaving, they howl like wolves to the moon for about an hour. I Skyped them after a neighbor told me of their mournful harmonies. And wouldn't you know, I live in a condo building so this could get expensive. I'm sure it will improve, and I'm counting on it. I have a citronella collar on order, but it just doesn't seem appropriate at this time. Freud would have them emote cathartically first. The whole howling thing really threw me for a loop. I knew they roo'd and mine barked, but cry? Any thoughts, suggestions?

Did you do Alone Training before going back to work? If not, there is lots of good info about this topic in previous posts,

If you were home all the time and suddenly "went missing" in their minds, that would explain it.

Search on "alone training" and "separation anxiety" using the search box at the top, with and without the quotes. You should find lots of good info.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and LaVida I've Got Life.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia and Diva Astar Dashindiva