Advice On Complaining About Vet Service/treatment

NeylasMom

Well I just got a copy of her records from the hospital and the doctor's notes are sparse and inaccurate. Among them is this little gem - that I declined IV fluids because Violet "had drank a lot of fluids and was not thirsty on entering the hospital". Are you kidding me?! :rofl I mean it's not really funny, but I can't do anything but laugh at how ridiculous that notion is.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Ok I was leaning toward saying maybe just drop it. It sounds like they understood that they made mistakes and were willing to learn from them. But that's just a CYA note there, and ridiculous to boot.

Ok I was leaning toward saying maybe just drop it. It sounds like they understood that they made mistakes and were willing to learn from them. But that's just a CYA note there, and ridiculous to boot.

I was hoping hoping hoping the Life Center had obtained the full medical records so I could compare because I almost wonder if they've been edited at this point, but unfortunately all they have is what I brought with me, which was the blood work results. I think that's a stretch, but I still would have liked to have looked. :P

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Learning how to cover his @$$ is not the learning experience you wanted that vet to take away from this experience.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Those records, edited or not, should be available, Jen. If not, the local veterinary board should find that most interesting.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Sorry, I may have made that confusing since we went to 2 facilities. The VCA ,where I had the issue provided the records no problem. That's where the quote above came from.

I was just hoping that Life Center, which is the emergency facility where Violet spent 2 days also had a copy of them as I thought the VCA hospital might have forwarded them because they knew I took Violet there. I was hoping to see if the doctor's notes read the same in both. But VCA never transferred them. So I have full copies of both sets of records (as far as I know), but no way of knowing if the doctor I have issues with changed his. I really have no reason to believe that one way or the other, although I do believe the notes were written after we left and he knew I was pissed. Total speculation though.

Edited by NeylasMom

I'd take it to the local vet board. That "vet" at VCA could have killed Violet and is now lying about it. He needs to be stopped - you'd feel awful if you heard of another "oops" by that vet and the dog died from his "oops".

Anyone can make a mistake, but lying to cover it up is absolutely criminal.