Hello From Glasgow

Guest LazyBlaze

Guest LazyBlaze

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Greytalk, have posted on a couple of threads but realised I haven't properly introduced myself, so hello to you all from a rather rainy (today) Glasgow, Scotland, from me and my two dogs (and husband!). Blaze is our lovely greyhound and Pops is our special old man terrier.

Blaze is our first (but hopefully not last) grey, we've had him just over a year and love him to bits. He's a 4-year-old blue boy, and of course beautiful (I will try to post some good photos when I can). This forum has been an invaluable support as we've all adjusted to the learning curve of having a hound in the family (5am starts, trouble with stairs, not getting into the car and having some space aggression have all been issues that some threads on here have really helped with, so thanks everybody!). We are learning all the time.

Anyway, best wishes and thanks again from us all.

Emma.

:wave Hello and welcome to GT! I look forward to seeing photos of your Blaze and Pops too. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest LazyBlaze
Thanks everyone for the welcome :) . I'm not actually sure how to post images (or if I need to get my post count up first), so any quick pointers would be much appreciated. Do I need to use ImageShack or something, or can I upload them here? Sorry for the newbie incompetence!

Welcome! Yes, so long as your photos are already up on the internet it should be easy to post them here - for more information see http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/121707-how-to-post-a-picture/. I look forward to seeing pictures of Blaze and Pops!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Guest LazyBlaze

Thanks guys! And thank you DocsDoctor for the tips on posting pics. I hope I can get these to work now...

Here (hopefully) is Blaze, looking remarkably composed for a dog who is just about to slide down the beach :hehe :

nglc.jpg

And here is Pops, doing his best greyhound impersonation:

2ugz.jpg

:beatheart I love those boys.

Guest Ilovemydog

They're both gorgeous! Welcome from another Emma. :)

I used to live in your neck of the woods when I was a teenager, my dad was based at Faslane and we lived in Rhu for about 2 years. Glorious part of the world.

Guest LazyBlaze

They're both gorgeous! Welcome from another Emma. :)

I used to live in your neck of the woods when I was a teenager, my dad was based at Faslane and we lived in Rhu for about 2 years. Glorious part of the world.

Wow, that's really not far away at all - small world indeed! I love it up that way; we sometimes camp up in Arrochar (midges permitting!). The whole Cowal peninsula is gorgeous.

Where in Australia are you living now? My sister-in-law lives in Sydney but we've never made it out there for a visit. If she decides to live there permanently (think she is getting her residency this year) then we'll try to make the trip.