Raw Feeders Who Order Online

NeylasMom

Anyone out there who feeds prey model raw and gets at least some of their meat online? I'm fed up with my meat guy who is COMPLETELY unreliable to the point that I don't want to support his business any more. I reserve the right to change my mind for convenience but for now I'm seeking other options. :P

I can get B&E chk quarters straight from Whole Foods (for $2 less than I was paying him apparently) so I'm looking for good sources for the following:

beef/lamb neck bones (preferably split or quartered, not in small chunks)

beer liver/kidney

ground rabbit (everything except intestines, fur optional :P)

beef heart

green tripe

a fish that's free of contaminants and high in omega-3's (fresh anchovy, sardine, etc.)

For the most part, I prefer whole products to ground but would do either. The beef heart I need to get whole or in large chunks, not ground (I cut it up and cook it to use for training treats). I REALLY want products that are not CAFO meats, that are at least raised naturally without hormones or ABs and given access to pasture if not completely pastured.

I did look at A Place for Paws and their green tripe and beef neck bones are reasonable. There's also a co-op sort of group near me that orders from Blue Ridge I think it is, but the drop is goign to be tough for me to manage so that may not be my best option. Any other suggestions? I used to order from Prey 4 Pets, but she apparently closed up shop. :dunno

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I am sorry to read that you are having problems with Peter, too. I am hoping that he gets it together. He totally botched my last order and wouldn't even respond to my emails. He gets one more chance with our next delivery currently scheduled to be on the 28th.

Keep us updated on what you find out! I am more than happy to piggyback on your research, lol.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Any online place that I could find couldn't even compete with the local prices. A few months ago I drove 3 hours round trip to a restaurant meat supplier and bought over 900lbs for under $500. Should hopefully last us almost a year.

I vote to try and research where the restaurants in your area buy their meat. Also if there is a RawEnergy supplier in your area, maybe check them out? They are pricier than what I pay, but cheaper than the online stuff.

Edited by JAJ2010

------

Jessica

I am sorry to read that you are having problems with Peter, too. I am hoping that he gets it together. He totally botched my last order and wouldn't even respond to my emails. He gets one more chance with our next delivery currently scheduled to be on the 28th.

Keep us updated on what you find out! I am more than happy to piggyback on your research, lol.

I've been having problems with Peter for all of eternity, but this last order was the final straw. We were supposed to meet at a set day/time, but he always texts me when he's on his way since our meeting spot is by my office and then I can head out. This time, I heard nothing. I texted him shortly before just to confirm I'd be there, then again a few hours after not hearing anything, no response. 2 days later I got an email about a pick up the following day he already had set up. I set it didn't work, let's just agree on a time for Mon (this was Fri) and be done with it. His response was he wasn't going to be "out that way" that early in the week. Uh, how 'bout you just get yourself out that way to make up for the fact that you've been blowing me off for almost 2 weeks and flat out stood me up! So I told him to forget it, I'd get food elsewhere and his just responded "Ok". He's the worst business person I've ever encountered, just plain old horrible, but I've stuck with him simply because he has the products I want at an affordable (for me at least) price. But at some point it's just not worth the aggravation anymore.

Another friend who I introduced to Peter who had been usign him for years is no longer buying food from him for the same reason. How does he sustain a business?! Anyway, sorry to hear you are having trouble too.

Any online place that I could find couldn't even compete with the local prices. A few months ago I drove 3 hours round trip to a restaurant meat supplier and bought over 900lbs for under $500. Should hopefully last us almost a year.

I vote to try and research where the restaurants in your area buy their meat. Also if there is a RawEnergy supplier in your area, maybe check them out? They are pricier than what I pay, but cheaper than the online stuff.

Raw energy? Do you have more info? A google search turned up a company that makes juices, I'm thinking that's not it. ;)

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

https://www.mypetcarnivore.com/

This company out of Indianapolis provides great service. I don't know how they compare price-wise with others. Out here they have set delivery days over a multi-state area, The truck shows up on a certain day at a designated stop and you pick up your order that way. They do ship also, but you'll need to check the site for details.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

This company out of Indianapolis provides great service. I don't know how they compare price-wise with others. Out here they have set delivery days over a multi-state area, The truck shows up on a certain day at a designated stop and you pick up your order that way. They do ship also, but you'll need to check the site for details.

Ohhh, this looks very promising, thank you!!

Guest FreeholdHound

The site is raawenergy.com. Looks like they have 2 co ops in Elkton (I don't know if thats close to you). I supplement with raw right now and have been ordering from Hare Today & love their products. I recently found out about Raaw Energy & that they're 5 min from my house. Freezer is full right now but I'll be stopping over to try it out.

This is my supplier too. They are wonderful. High quality and good prices.

The site is raawenergy.com. Looks like they have 2 co ops in Elkton (I don't know if thats close to you). I supplement with raw right now and have been ordering from Hare Today & love their products. I recently found out about Raaw Energy & that they're 5 min from my house. Freezer is full right now but I'll be stopping over to try it out.

No drops close to me from that raw energy site, but thanks for the reminder about Hare Today. I used to order rabbits from her, totally forgot about it.

This is great. I have far more options than I thought I would. I may end up paying a little bit more, but frankly, for the convenience of having it dropped at my door I think I'm okay with that. If anyone has any other suggestions, please do share. :)

Well boo, I looked more closely at My Pet Carnivore and their prices are all competitive with what I was paying, but the shipping cost stinks. :( Their boxes only hold up to 25 lbs each, which means even if you fill them, you are paying $1/lb for shipping (plus a $5 box fee). In comparison, A Place for Paws has different size options up to 48 lbs/box. I just ordered 48 lbs of product from them yesterday and shipping was $33, so under 70 cents/lb.

I emailed them to ask about larger box options, but I doubt they're going to change what they're doing.

ETA: Well I spoke too soon. I got this very prompt response:

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we are working on a larger box option. Please stay tuned as it is on our "to do" list, but being just the two of us and a few part-time employees, it has not yet bubbled up to the very top of the list.

So I'm going to keep an eye out. Turns out Hare Today has the lowest shipping prices and no box fee so what I thought would be too expensive becomes in line with these other sites.

Cindy, if you want me to share the spreadsheet I made to compare prices (yes, I'm a dork and I need a Google ss to make sense of things) just PM me your email address and I will share it with you. I only priced things that were relevant to me (namely stuff I mentioned in my OP), but you may find it helpful.

ETA: Well I spoke too soon. I got this very prompt response:

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we are working on a larger box option. Please stay tuned as it is on our "to do" list, but being just the two of us and a few part-time employees, it has not yet bubbled up to the very top of the list.

So I'm going to keep an eye out. Turns out Hare Today has the lowest shipping prices and no box fee so what I thought would be too expensive becomes in line with these other sites.

Cindy, if you want me to share the spreadsheet I made to compare prices (yes, I'm a dork and I need a Google ss to make sense of things) just PM me your email address and I will share it with you. I only priced things that were relevant to me (namely stuff I mentioned in my OP), but you may find it helpful.

Jen, I tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full. My email address is houndzrus at gmail. Thanks, I appreciate your offer and am happy to take you up on it.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Jen, I tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full. My email address is houndzrus at gmail. Thanks, I appreciate your offer and am happy to take you up on it.

Oops, time to renew my supporter status. Anyway, just shared it with you. Hope it's useful.

Guest FreeholdHound

BEWARE !!! I want to chime in to advise everyone to AVOID a site called Raw Pet Food Nation (a/k/a River Dog Naturals, a/k/a Pet Dynamix). Seems legit at 1st, the owner Suzanne will respond to all email questions until you place an order. No confirmations ever sent, phone #'s don't exist & when I sent another email about my order being sent in she'll say she's looking into it & then nothing. I have a dispute claim in w/ PayPal right now. I've since learned she's had this M.O. w/ the other sites listed. As far as the others I've talked to - no one has ever received a shipment. Luckily I placed a very small order, but I still want my $$ credited. A total SCAM. I'll be sticking with Hare Today & Raaw Energy.