Need Advice Please

Shirley44

I would like some advice please

We got Rowdy test results back.

Something is not right with his liver but the vet said she was pretty sure it wasn't cancer.

She said we could to to Quebec City and get a biospy done, or that we could do X-Ray and then take the toe off. Its the middle one.

I don't know what to do.

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest BiancasMom

i would follow up with the biopsy (and hopefully ultrasound?) so that you have a diagnosis before Rowdy undergoes anesthesia. X-ray is not going to tell you much unless there is a giant tumor or huge liver.

Do you know what liver value was elevated on his bloodwork?? If the values are pretty wonky do not proceed with any anesthesia just yet. Depending on the blood values there are different diagnostics that can be run. Radiographs, abdominal ultrasound, bile acids test, biopsy....... Did your vet suggest to start Denamarin in the interim??

i would personally go w/the xray when he has his toe amputated. he is such a character he will recover from the surgery very very quickly and be knocking on your neighbor's door looking for updates in the neighborhood in no time what so ever. rowdy is young at heart, young at spirit but his body knows his true age. as long as he is pain free and can resume his standard neighborhood patrol, that's what i would be looking to maintain. and if they find something malignent in his liver, what's one to do?

xxoo to dear rowdy and you-(tatum and miles as well)

andrea, limpy felix and annie(who wants to know why there aren't any full bowls of kibble in her house?)

Edited by cleptogrey

Totally agree with tbhounds. We lost a grey with somewhat wonky liver values when the vet didn't see much on ultrasound and proceeded to do a biopsy. He got too many drugs that day. Turned out there was no cancer anyhow. So, yes, move conservatively, and just deal with the toe for now.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Thanks everyone

Just called the vet, she will call me back. I will get more informations

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou