My Dog At A Banana & Peach Overnight, Should I Be Concerned?

Guest Mamatrag

Guest Scouts_mom

Banana slices are often given to racers at the tracks as treats, so that is fine.

Did he eat the peach stone? If so, you might have a problem. If he cracked it open, there is a possibility of poison. There is a dog poison info line, but I don't have the number. Also the stone may cause some obstruction issues. I would watch his poop for it. The peach's flesh should cause no problems.

PS. My dog loves watermelon as a treat.

Just keep an eye on her, but I'd say she should be fine.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Only the peach pit is a problem. Most greys love fruit of all kinds.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

My friend's Lab ate a peach pit and it caused an obstruction and bowel death. Not to be gloom and doom, he'll probably be fine,just sayin' to be aware of any signs of discomfort, lack of appetite, vomiting or bowel changes in the next few weeks. If you see the pit come out, that's even better. Hope it goes thru with no problems.

Guest Mamatrag

Thank you all, I think she did eat the pit as I can see no evidence of it. All I found this morning was the stem from the banana and peach stains on her bed. I did call the vet this morning and they think she will be ok but to watch her. I am hoping that this evenings poop contains a peach pit! They suggested giving her bread, rice etc to push things along. She is thrilled as she is getting a slice of bread for a treat when she come in the house. My older grey Dodger is enjoying getting this treat as well. Thank again for the advice, I will keep you posted.

Glad all turned out well. Just another greyhound contribution to a better world -- clean, clutter-free counters. :)

Did she throw up on something valuable? :lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter