Badge Of Silver 11/25/2001 - 9/3/2013

Houndmommy03

My beloved boy, Silver, went to the Bridge on Tuesday.

Dear Silver,

I fear we sent you to the Bridge a day too late - I'm sorry. We needed to be sure that "this" was really it. We miss you sweet boy. You were with us longer than any of our other hounds. I'm sure Lucky and Holly were waiting for you at the Bridge - what a reunion that must have been! I'm really struggling with the sense of loss I feel and I think it is because you were the connection I had left with Lucky and Holly - the 3 of you are connected in my heart. You stole our heart at the kennel - why you were there for so long, I will never understand. You brought us great joy and we will forever miss your helicopter tail, that internal clock you had that let us know exactly when it was time to get up (no need for an alarm clock!) and time to eat, your excitement with every walk, watching you curl your huge body into a tiny, tiny green turtle pool at GIG, you and Holly racing through the house with the spit flying and the the two of you rooing every time you heard a siren, our walks to the bus stop in Fort Mill (I'm told Shady still looks out the window for you), watching your ears perk up when you spotted a kitty, even in your old age when we thought your eyesight was bad, when you escaped out the door and ran away (I was hysterical and so grateful for the people who brought you home), your insistence that your daddy get in the floor with you so you could get in his lap - you loved those nights we watched tv by the fire, and I never thought I'd say it, but i miss your whining that used to drive me nuts. So many memories. You were loved by many and will be missed.

Run free sweet boy and enjoy chasing those squirrels and kitties. I'm so glad your body is now whole and strong again.

I love you.post-13505-0-48968600-1378384436_thumb.jpg

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet, handsome Silver.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

What an incredibly handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Silver.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug What a lovable sweetheart. I'm so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the loss of your handsome Silver.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

What a beautiful tribute! It tells of a life well lived, and well loved.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Silver.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am very sorry Kim. Silver was a beautiful boy.

Run free Silver, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

That was a lovely remembrance. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I remember wishing Silver Happy Birthdays, as he shared the date with Spencer. Hopefully, they'll party together at the bridge.

:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds