Food Issue

Guest joviemom

Guest joviemom

I will start with the good news. It took me about 6 months to find Jovie a food she can eat. She loves it, her poops are great, and she also looks great on it.

Now for the bad news.

So I am moving out of state this weekend, and have been searching for this food near my new house and have come up empty. I cannot find anywhere even close to where I will be living that carries it.

I looked into online food subscriptions (which would be an option) but I seriously worry about having her on a food that I cannot even find near my house.

Should I start looking for a new food to switch her to? What would you guys do?

Which food is it?

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

If it had been troublesome to find a food that she did well on, I'd probably order online. Get an extra bag on your first order and tuck @ 10 days worth into your freezer for 6 mos., just in case deliveries fail.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest joviemom

Oh thats a good idea to freeze a portion.

Thats my biggest fear is running out before a delivery got to me, but freezing some would work. It took me a really long time to find something she could eat so keeping her on her current food is preferable.

If it had been troublesome to find a food that she did well on, I'd probably order online. Get an extra bag on your first order and tuck @ 10 days worth into your freezer for 6 mos., just in case deliveries fail.

:nod Yeah, I wouldn't want to change after finally finding something that works for her.

And it's possible you could get one of the local places to special order it once you get there. I got a local feed and tack to special order a couple of bags of Earthborn Holistic for me back during the last TOTW recall and now they feed it to their dogs and it's one of their best sellers. Never hurts to ask.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest joviemom

oh good point! I could totally do that!

I will even bring Jovie with me when I ask so she can give them her "my mom never feeds me and this is the only way I will ever eat again" look