Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13)

dmswartzfager

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a sweet girl. Deanna, thank you for taking her in and showing her love for her final days. Those pics of her running shows just how happy she was.

Run free Scarlett, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So sorry for your loss. You were able to give her so much love in your short time together.

Godspeed Scarlett.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

I'm so very very sorry to hear this news. Thank you for giving her such love and happiness in her last month.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I know you must be heartbroken, and we are sharing your sadness. It just doesn't seem fair that you didn't get more time together. But her lovely pictures show so clearly how happy and loved she was. It's true that they live in the moment, and I hope the knowledge that she had a wonderful month helps to ease your pain a bit.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Scarlett.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

so sorry Deanna and Brian, but you gave her a great life while she was with you. So very traggic. Rest well pretty girl. Find my brindle one eyed bridge girl Maisie and you two can run like the wind. Bridge pups Lily and Marx will be there too, give them smooches from their mommy and daddy please.

Praying for all the missing greys!

How sad for you that Scarlett couldn't stay with you longer but how wonderful for her that her last weeks were with people who loved her and gave her the chance to run and play.

Thinking of you,

Carol.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Guest LazyBlaze

I'm so sorry. The pictures of Scarlett in her cart were heartwarming, and I had been hoping for a good outcome. You did everything you could to make her endtimes happy. I'm so sorry you couldn't have been together for longer. She was beautiful.

Everyone who saw the photos of her doing zoomies in your yard know that she had the BEST last few weeks! It just breaks my heart that it didn't last longer - for all of you.

Godspeed, Scarlett. You warmed our hearts.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry!!! :( :( :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So sorry for your loss. She looked like such a sweet girl. Be at peace that you made her life special. She is now at the Bridge running free with both eyes now sparkling.

Watch over her Zero.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She was a very lucky girl to have found you, she left this world with wonderful people who loved her next to her.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BlueCrab

So sorry that she was with you for only a short time, but it looks like you made her days happy and she knew she was loved. Sorry she left you so suddenly.

This is so heartbreaking, I am so very sorry, you gave her a wonderful few weeks and that is so important :cry1

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwolfe711

Deanna and Brian - I'm just reading this and I am so, so sorry for your loss - you guys are awesome to keep doing what you do for the aging and ill greys. You've put your hearts and souls into your greys and they have all had the best of the best for the time they spent with you. The pics of Scarlet running are wonderful memories you will have of how happy she was with you even if for too short of a time. I remember all of your Bridge babies and so many of them in that cart - you guys are so very special - any grey who ends up in your lives has hit the Forever Home jackpot! Hugs to you both - hope to see you again soon -

• 2 weeks later...