Iverhart Recall - Very Nervous

Anyone have a box of Iverhart that was on the recall list? Iverhart has kept expanding their list and now it includes 31 lots. I kept a box from May and June and mine is listed to my total dismay. I live in mosquito land. I switched back to Heartgard in July because I had a not so good feeling about Iverhart and the recalls on certain lots. But we have had so much rain down here on the Gulf Coast and I had mosquitoes inside the house every day. I was bitten every day and i am sure the dogs were too. Just wondered what others are doing? I am having mine tested and I have a call into Virbac. Seems like everything is recalled. I had a problem with Colorado Naturals last January.

The Iverhart recall was issued due to the effectiveness of the lots for pups in the upper third of the weight range. The risk is that they may not be protected. Did you call your vet to see what to do?

I ordered the Iverhart from KV Vet Supply. I want to wait two more weeks before HW testing so I am not in the three month window. I want an accurate test. The box is for 51 to 100 pound dogs. My males are 90 pounds and my female is a big girl and weighs 80 pounds. Would feel better if they were were smaller. Because of the amazing amounts of rain for months, the mosquitoes have been just horrible this year. I said a prayer every day that I hoped my HW preventative was 100%. My neighbor has a Yorkie who tested positive for HW last year and he was on HW preventative. Yikes.

I spoke with Virbac a couple days ago and the representative said they have my file. They told me to talk to my vet and that that would pay for HW tests. I want to test right now, but will most likely wait three more weeks. My pups are all older - 11, 9 and 8. Hoping that they are all negative.

Guest grey_dreams

Just keep in mind that it can take 6 months before you will see a positive result. I just had a positive test at our clinic yesterday :-(

Was that a positive test as a result of the Virbac recall? Zhivaya got a 6-month supply of Iverhart from the group as part of the adoption package. The lot he had for the first 3 months during the winter/very early spring) was recalled. He tested negative. The group sent me a replacement for the other 3 months, again Iverhart, but the lot doesn't seem to be on the recall list (please correct me if I am wrong) 121030.

I only buy Frontline Plus for Zariel (and for Zuki when he was here). Zhivaya now gets Frontline Plus. Not real happy with Virbec and Iverhart.

OP - I hope your dogs are fine.

Edited by grey_dreams

The positive test was found via a snap 4dx performed during a annual exam. The dog was taking monthly heartgard but, was adopted last year-originally from GA. We actually tested him last year and she was neg but, the new owners had just adopted her.

So, to answer your question-no, it was not due to the recent Iverhart recall.