Follow Up On Fuzzy's Not Feeling Well

We ran a second, more intensive fecal test and all came back negative for parasites and giardia. So, now we have to think of some sort of IBD. They will order Tylan powder for him to try. We will switch or add ID kibble to the canned as I think he is not getting enough to eat. He looks very boney to me. Today is the last day of Flagyl. He has no urgency to go; it is just not good or formed at all. One day he goes only twice and on Tuesday he only went once.

I am getting so stressed about him not feeling well. He seems depressed to me. I am hoping that will get better once off the flagyl.

On the other hand, Paul had his last of 10 laser treatments today. Aside from the fact that we thought the car ride will kill him, I don't see much improvement. They are suggesting an injection version of glucosamine. The poor guy is going to be 12. I don't know how much more to try for him.

I just want one of them, at least, to feel better.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Irene, I have a 12.3 YO boy with arthritis and early LS at home. I am managing him with MSM and Vitamin C powder from Greyhound Gang, Actiflex (the horse version - much cheaper) on his food, fish oil capsules and iChon injections (similar to Adequan). He is doing so much better and is happy. He could barely get off his bed and now he is coming into the kitchen and begging for treats. Which, I must admit, he gets. He gets whatever he wants, to be honest! I give the injections myself. Once you know how, it is easy and painless and much cheaper than going to the vet.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Hugs to your boy.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Irene, have you tried putting Actiflex 400 (the equine version is cheapest) on Paul's food? Linda Jensen suggested it for our poor arthritic boy and it really seemed to help.

Halise (L'Shana Tova)

Where do you get this?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

any tack shop shoud have it. We got it online at www.123tack.com I believe. It's a liquid. If you get the equine version (MUCH cheaper and practically the same formula) you add about a teaspoon on each meal (2 teaspoons per day).

Hope it helps. It did with Durango. After about three or four days he seemed to be moving a bit easier.

Halise

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

I'm so sorry neither one of them is feeling well. I give my older lab mix, who has joint pain/arthritis pretty bad, Nupro Joint and Immunity Support. It's a powder and you mix it with their dry food and some hot water. He loves it and it has been a miracle supplement for him. It might be similar to the Actiflex I've never heard of that before so I'll have to check that out.

I wish there was some miracle cure for Fuzzy :( , but if he does have IBD then there are ways to manage that. Hopefully you can find a mixture that works for him soon!

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Re Fuzzy: do allergy tests before going to other treatments. Fixed Isaac right up when I found out what he was allergic to. Might be his problem. I don't care if they found something or not, I'd still worm him with panacur.

Allergy place that is good is http://www.varlallergy.com/

re Paul: do you have him on Fresh Factors and/or Joint Health?

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Re Fuzzy: do allergy tests before going to other treatments.

I second this. It's helped immensely here at GITroublesRUs. Minnie, who definitely has IBD (diagnosed via scoping) has been chugging along for almost 11 1/2 years without extra meds. (The allergy tests were done a few years after the diagnosis.)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)