Sign in to follow this  
MerlinsMum

Happy 9Th Birthday, Merlin!

Today is my special wizard's 9th birthday! I can't believe it! I adopted him when he was 2... how far we've come together, sweetie.

37c01cf9-cead-42dd-88f6-9b54d5d893f3.jpg

Those of you who know Merlin and have shared some of the worry and stress I've experienced over his numerous medical problems won't be surprised to know that the wizard is till goofy, opinionated and the hands-down the most impertinent dog I have ever met :lol: Despite having been slowed down by his arthritis, despite being plagued by his IBD, and despite the fact that he has suffered three seizures, his spirit remains indomitable - as is fitting for a wizard of his stature, of course ;)

These days his favorite pastime is sleeping. He could sleep virtually 95% of the time and he'd be happy. His all-time favorite thing to do is nap in the sun :wub: and today we are going to break all the strict diet rules and give him some peanut butter spread over ice, which he absolutely adores (both the ice and the peanut butter).

The one thing that seems to have changed more than any other over the years - in addition to his beautiful white face, of course :blush - is his affection for his brother Sagan. He loves to be around him these days. He is always cuddling with him, makes a huge fuss and statues if DH is walking him and I go elsewhere with Sagan (Sagan is younger and in better health and needs longer walks); and when Sagan had a dental last week, we were so touched to watch him greet his brother at the door. Merlin was beside himself with joy at the sight of him. :wub: Who would have thought that he would have become so fond of the brother he used to view with a certain disdain :lol

:b-day Happy Birthday my sweet Merlin! I love you so much! :confetti

gallery_15587_3582_3452.jpg

Kerry with Pippin (Paid Vacation), adopted 4/15/2017
Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

:confetti What a Wizard :kiss2 I wish you could cast a spell on doz ebil helf fings dat seemed to have found you but for now Happy Birthday, handsome. Nine is Fine :confetti It's so swell of you to be lovin' on your brudder like dat. :wub: Enjoy your peanut buttered-ice cubes :balloonparty

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy B-day Merlin!!! :b-day

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Reading about him and Sagan has brought me to tears...happy ones, that is.

:confetti HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIZARD :confetti

From one of your adoring fans.

:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day:b-day

Happy Birthday to the Wizard

:mexi2:mexi2:mexi2:mexi2:mexi2

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Happy Birthday Merlin, my favorite wizard!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)

Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know he's my GT crush, Kerry! Such a sweet, sweet face! :wub:

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Ha Pee Birfday to THE Wizard, Merlin ov the WFUBCC. FF & F Oh Mighty Wun!

Hav a greyt day.

Wags,

Banjo an Ayeeda.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Reading about him and Sagan has brought me to tears...happy ones, that is.

:confetti HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIZARD :confetti

From one of your adoring fans.

Aaaawww! :wub::kiss2:heart

You know he's my GT crush, Kerry! Such a sweet, sweet face! :wub:

How nice to see SUMWON still crushing on me, Miss Chris and Miss Judy! Deez days eberywon is, like, Oooh, Sagan is so handsome, and Sagan is so great :angry::weep Dey is all blind, BLIND Ah tell yu! Well he mite habs da brawn BUTT Ah habs dat AND braynes! :haha witch he most sertenly duz KNOT. :withstupid:laughitup

... Merlin, nine yeers yung

Edited by MerlinsMum

gallery_15587_3582_3452.jpg

Kerry with Pippin (Paid Vacation), adopted 4/15/2017
Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

Happy birthday, sweet Merlin! Keep up the cheeky impertinence (and the brotherly love), and enjoy the peanut butter and ice treat! It doesn't get much better than this, does it? Wishing you many many many many happy returns!

Kendra, devoted walker of Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb).
Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/7/04 - 2/20/14, who opened our hearts to greyhounds,
    and Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/16/03 - 10/29/14, who really knew what a good dog she was.

2mmh25j.jpg2qwewxv.jpg2cok3td.jpg

We are wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Merlin da mitey wizzerd! Keep Muffin Head on her toes, it's good for her!

Goose is glad that you are being nice to your brother. He is the dim one here and understands Sagan!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Merlin, your mighty wizardship... We wish you a most joyous birthday! "Indomitable" and "cheeky" describe you perfectly. It's why we love you.

Momma Cleo on behalf of the Joisey Gang

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest k9soul

Happy birthday to a gorgeous hunk'a hound :wub: I loved seeing your most handsome face and reading about your birthday plans :chow

Edited by k9soul