Dear Benny....

Guest ProudGreyMom

Guest ProudGreyMom

Dear Benny,

I am writing this letter to you one week after you left us to go to the Bridge. I hope you are happy with Trixie and Gumbi and we will see you again someday.

I know you have been visiting me, I can hear you snoring and chewing on your feet. You are always welcome to visit us – we miss you so much.

Thinking back on why you were so special to so many people, I came up with tons of reasons!! The way you wagged that little tail and looked at us with those brown eyes – it could melt anyone’s heart.

You traveled with us so much. You stayed in tents, campers, hotels, Grandpa’s house, friend’s houses – you didn’t care. You just fell right to sleep and snored away. Never nervous about where you were, as long as Mommy was with you. You were so great on all the long car rides to Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, etc. – just snoozing in the back waiting for the pit stops.

You loved everyone – other dogs, kitties, children, visitors to our house, always Mr. Social Butterfly. Never growled or snapped at anyone, not even another dog.

The way you sat up like a little penguin when you begged just cracked us up! I know when you were older and in pain, you wanted to sit like that but you couldn’t anymore. You learned to give your paw, lay down, and roll over – all big accomplishments for a stubborn beagle!

You always tried to protect us. Like the time my car was broken into and you barked and barked! Even when you became ill the last few years, you still watched the house for us. You waited and waited for Daddy if he went away, always protecting Mommy.

We love you so much Benny. Thank you for all that you gave us.

Mommy & Daddy

:inlove

Never nervous about where you were, as long as Mommy was with you.

this says it all...you were a wonderful mommy to Benny and that was a wonderful tribute... :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

What a beautiful letter to Benny. He knows how much he was and is still loved and he will always remain only a heartbeat away. Until you meet again...he will watch and wait patiently from the Bridge. :f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Wow, what a wonderful mom you were to him! I hope he visits you , Jake and DH all the time. doG bless you during this time

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest lisa73

A fitting tribute for a special and much loved boy! Our hearts go out to you at this sad time! Hugs to you all and a special kiss for Jake to xxxxxxxxxx

What a lovely tribute to your Benny! He was an exceptional fellow, wasn't he? You were lucky to have had each other.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest moon880
:weep What a hearfelt letter. Made me cry. He was obviously a very special dog and will be missed dearly. I'm sure he's watching you from the bridge! Edited by moon880

Guest BleusysMom

Benny, you still have tasks....continue to watch over your Family, and continue to enjoy your time, while waiting at the Bridge!!!!!! I know you have always been proud to do these things, and will be just as diligent in their accomplishment!!!!!! Enjoy being pain free, and all your Friends!!!!!

Guest Champsmom

You Benny sounds like he was a faithful loyal friend till the end , as every dog strives to be. He knew that you loved him very very much and will never forget him.Bless you for giving Benny the great life.

Run Free Benny Run Free