Luna & James Update

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Guest LunaTheGreyt

James got here last night and settled right in:

1176205_10200318871605551_1566681042_n.j

I left them alone together from 9:45-2:45 today (was able to get some work done in my classroom and go to Walmart - score!) This is what they did most of the day:

557998_10200318871845557_1781389642_n.jp

She did whimper a few times, but it was nothing compared to the racket she usually makes. Also, she would never normally sleep in her bed! I did muzzle her because she has chewed out of anxiety in the past, and I don't want to give her that option until I really, really trust her. I will still have to do some alone training with her, and probably continue meds for a while, but I'm cautiously optimistic that James is going to be a great therapy dog for her. :) I'll keep y'all posted!

YAY! Such a big improvement!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Hopefully James's presence will calm her anxieties enough that she'll be able to really learn, now that you'll always come back!

That's great news! :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Wonderful!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Great news......I have a Standard Poodle and two Greyhounds......wonderful combination!!

Don't tell the OP THAT! OP, you are allowed to stop with just one greyhound and one standard poodle. If, however, you choose to add another greyhound that would, of course, be fine. :flip

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Second day went great! No crying at all from Luna. :) I was gone from 9:30-3:15. During the work week I am typically gone 7:45-4:00, so I think they will be just fine! They were still sound asleep before I opened the door to my apartment, so they weren't even getting restless. Suffice to say I am SUPER happy! Luna is so much happier now that she has her buddy James around.

In regards to getting another greyhound...definitely not until James is no longer around (he's 9). I'm not in a rush. ;)

Edited by LunaTheGreyt

:) :) :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so happy to read this. It looks like you found an excellent solution. You made a responsible and well thought out decision by adding James (who is older, calmer, and well-adjusted) rather than taking your chances with a brand new grey. Way to go! :yay

Guest LunaTheGreyt

What a great update! Did you move to a place that allows more than one dog? Or did I read the other posts wrong?

I was able to talk my landlord into it. She's actually a dog lover, but I am usually afraid to ask to make changes to a lease. Glad I had the courage! :)