Inflammation Redness From Urine?

Last week I posted that I thought Missy had a reaction to Ichon injection ( adequan replacement) as she had red swollen hot area near injection site. It cleared up a few days later. This am I noticed it starting to return. Upon closer look, I saw the other I side of her thigh is also red. Looking closer, I found a red very red irritated area near where she urinates ( sorry forgetting anatomical name). She has been having urinary issues since having major bloody diarrhea in early July. Increased frequency, urgency, dilute. Vet checked for infection( none). Then she started leaking so we started ppa and she has been doing good in respect to holding her urine, leaking. I noticed she has been peeing almost standing up..probably because it burns. I thought it was due to her back. (Stenosis). I had also noticed she would drip a bit after going. I bought unscented natural baby wipes to clean her a little bit. That was after the initial swollen inner thigh which started Friday. She has been on PPA for just over a week.

She is going in to the vet this afternoon.

Any suggestions?

A picture is worth a thousand words ;-). Couple of thoughts-are you sure she didn't have any sq bleeding from the injection? I ask because it sounds like she have bilateral redness. Also, if her vulva is truly inflamed she still may be leaking and she has urine scald.

Vet said vaginitis. Gave simplicity. But, missy did fall twice last week and has a bruise in about the same area. Her leg is swollen. I did not even notice it. Feal terrible. Since she can't take NSAIDs she wants to put her on aminicaraproic acid to help re absorb the blood. It wa. S $140! I asked for a written script to see how much at Walgreens where she has a discount card. She said walking is good to help decrease the blood.

simplicef

Humm-so it was a bruise :-). Did the vet give you anything topically for her va-jay-jay (vulva)?? I found washing the area with diluted chlorhexadine solution and applying an ointment like Animax helps greatly.

Forgot to add-I'm not following your vets reasoning for dispensing the Amicar she's not actively bleeding now is she?? Amicar does not "re-absorb" blood.

Edited by tbhounds

This was not my regular vet, she is off until Wednesday. This one said couldn't tell if swelling was from injection or fall. Missy cannot take NSAIDS, that is why I think she went with the other med. no she did not tell me to wash it. This AM I I'd so with a watery solution of nolvasan and put A&D on. I recently through away animex. It was outdated.