Lymphoma....how Do I Know When It Is Time?

Guest junebug

I'm so sorry. In our case, when the Prednisone stopped working Murphy only had a couple good days left. We decided to let him go while he was in some discomfort but still could enjoy his last day. His getting up to greet the vet was hard, but I know it was the right choice for him, rather than wait until he was suffering. Keep an eye out, the vets told us when the prednisone stops working they can go downhill fast, I would imagine it may be the same case with stopping it. There is a stronger steroid you can try, I can't think of the name, but it doesn't always work.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I love her name, JuneBug.

Make a note she has a good day or a bad day. then you can decide what is the best for her. I know it is never easy.

Tramadol can make dogs pant.

Please give a big hug and a kiss from us.

Soon, Cassy & Twitter

Angel Hounds: Rowdy, Easy & Harry

Guest junebug

Her racing name was "DG's June Bug", and "June Bug" really does suit her. She was born in June, so that could be the reason for the name. This year, for the first time in the 26 years since we have lived in Columbus, we had an incredible number of June Bugs in early summer, right around the time she was diagnosed, Somehow I think it was all for her. They were buzzing around everywhere!

Thanks for all of the hugs and kisses! She loves them! Hugs to all of you who have cared for your own sweet hounds (and felines!) in similar circumstances, and especially to Fliggie and your 12 year old pup.