We went to our fun run and Molly tweaked her wrist (well, what would be our writst) on her front paw. She was favoring it so I put her in a crate to rest. It's noticeably swollen and she won't put any weight on it. I tried icing it and it's the first time she gave any indication of pain.

It does NOT look good and she looks miserable. She wouldn't even get up for attention from the woman at the drive-thru window! :(

Any advice would be much appreciated.

She's in a crate now to avoid movement (although she's so tired and unhappy it's probably not necessary).

TIA-

GG (and Molly)

Wrist injuries can be a bugger to heal and take some time to heal. I'd take her in for an x-ray tomorrow just to make sure she didn't break anything. She will probably need an NSAID to reduce the swelling and for pain.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'd take her now. It's not that a broken bone needs to be dealt with ASAP but the pain sure does. Here's to hoping it's just a sprain.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

And please don't give any NSAIDs at home. They all have a wash-out period (sometimes the period is several days), during which she can't take any other NSAIDs, and a vet might want to give something different than what you might already have on hand.

And if you have given her something, make sure the e-vet (or her own vet, if you wait) know what you've given.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Nothing to add to the great advice you've already gotten, but I wanted to send "get better" wishes to your sweetie-pie Molly.

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.