Feeling Invalidated By Trainer :(

Guest Amis_Ma

Guest jetska

my girl is my first greyhound and third dog.... she was still 'statuing' and 'sleep startling' at 6 weeks into being adopted. We were fortunate in that we found a supportive trainer first up, and she is a big fan of greyhounds... Barbie is a mostly model dog now, hasn't sleep startled or statued for a long time.

I'm now on my third foster dog and they all did a bit of resource guarding at the start.

Yup. She is a certified dog behaviorist and well known in the area but just doesn't have a lot of human tact; she isn't charging me and she provides me with good information. I guess I just have to harden up and not take her criticism to heart. The support I receive here balances out the harshness. Ami is a good girl and I must continue to do what's in her best interest. Thanks for the support.

Uh, no you don't. I haven't read your other posts and don't need to. Find yourself a new trainer. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Amis_Ma

Ami I continue to be so grateful for all of your support, we're learning so much and putting it in to practice! We were at a gh picnic yesterday, along with about 60 other greys and Ami did absolutley fantastic! We were in a large fenced in are and Ami led the pack on numerous occasions; they would get a burst of energy and run together. Ami was was often the leader and the others followed her lead.

The more time Ami and I spend together the more grateful I am to have been blessed with her!