Booya! I Was Adopted! Bam!

Guest Amis_Ma

Guest Amis_Ma

Hello fellow greyhound moms & dads, my name is Ami (pronounced Ah-Me) and I am 4yrs old, 63lbs and I am a girl. My racing name was Braska Rizzo. I hail from Florida and moved to my forever home in Canada 2mts ago; I've heard mention of this thing called snow and am looking forward to checkin' it out come winter.

I am my mom's first ever dog and she is working hard at educating herself on how to raise me the best she can; so far she's doing great even though I am an assertive doggie. Could you do me a favour and let mom know that I will come around with time and patience. Because I am an assertive dog and require lots of training my bond with my mom is going to be that much stronger :gh_child She told me that because she has no human children and probably never will that she is going to give me all of her love she would've given to her children to me! Wow do I feel blessed to have her as my mom :beatheart

ec051233-9434-4d71-bd01-d2d7191d20d8.jpgc7dd2904-2201-44bc-bae7-a31f94672b89.jpg

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome2

Congratulations on being adopted, Ami! You are a very pretty girl, and I love your huge smile! :inlove

Your mom has come to the right place, because GT is a wonderful resource for all things greyhound.

I like to think that greyhounds "bloom" over the course of 6 months to a year after being adopted. If your mom has any specific questions about training, there is the Training and Behavior section on GT. Lots of experienced people will chime in and help with any issues.

Again, congrats!!

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest IrskasMom

Well, Ami it is our Privilege to have you here with your Mom :wave:wave:wave I have to say you are Gorgeous :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart and as much as I can see , you will be the " Apple of her Eye " in no time at all. Time and Patience is all you need . :heart

Welcome, Ami! Don't you worry, your Mom will be trained in no time! Oh, do you plan on doing some sun bathing? :rolleyes:

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest cdrmam

Welcome home Ami! Be sure to let your mom know that she can also post lots of pictures and stories about you in the cute and funny section. Looking forward to seeing more of you. Oh by the way- if you ever get in trouble- don't forget to blame the kitteh. :ghplaybow

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome home Ami (Ah me)!! There's nothing quite like finding your forever home, is there? I just got out of prison Friday (Prison training program) and I am loving being with my mom and dad, and sister Mindy. You will love home life and we will change some over time as we adjust to this new life, but it's all good! Have a wonderful, long life with your family. They made the BEST decision when getting you!

Love, Beau, Mindy and their humans, Al and Ginny

:ghplaybow :gh_runner

Guest Jacks_Human

Welcome home Ami! You are a very pretty girl.

Jack says: We get lots of that snow stuff here in Scotland. Make your Special Human get you nice coats and blankies and scarves hars to keep you warm and make sure no nasty snow gets in your pretty ears. And has your Human shown you the TV yet? It's as good as watching bunnies outdoors, but you don't even have to get up off the sofa!

Guest larock

Welcome Ami. Tell your Mom not too worry, she's doing a greyt and her training really seems to be coming along!

Where 'bout's (pronounced "boot" for you USA folk) in Canada are you? it's a biiiiiiggg place...

:)

Guest Amis_Ma

Welcome Ami. Tell your Mom not too worry, she's doing a greyt and her training really seems to be coming along!

Where 'bout's (pronounced "boot" for you USA folk) in Canada are you? it's a biiiiiiggg place...

:)

NB

Welcome home Ami! Be sure to let your mom know that she can also post lots of pictures and stories about you in the cute and funny section. Looking forward to seeing more of you. Oh by the way- if you ever get in trouble- don't forget to blame the kitteh. :ghplaybow

Hello from Bella in NYC (soon to be Bella in Connecticut). I wanted to add, it doesn't matter if you don't actually have your own kitteh - you can still blame everything on him! I do, although it takes more convincing of the mom...... :D

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest Amis_Ma

Hello from Bella in NYC (soon to be Bella in Connecticut). I wanted to add, it doesn't matter if you don't actually have your own kitteh - you can still blame everything on him! I do, although it takes more convincing of the mom...... :D

We do have a kitteh and she's been hiding underneath my moms' bed since I cam home, scaredy-cat! I don't understand, I wait outside of their bedroom and whine for her to come out and play but nutin' :dunno I'm not going to hurt her, I just want to play! One mom is quite fond of her but the other (the one typing this for me) isn't all that fussy for her :P:hehe

Welcome!!! Sounds like you hit the jackpot!!! Just show your mom a lot of patience, she will catch on :lol. Oh and remind her, she must take lots of pictures of you. :)

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Welcome from Ontario

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross