Dog Leggs

Guest bozicj

These are relatively new, and I have not heard of anyone using them for their greyhounds.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I've used the company for years. The owner, Schon Gross, is great. I've not used their flagship product, but Schon helped me with other products to help Mandy. PM me if you'd like more info.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Tallgreydogmom uses one for her girl. Not sure what brand though.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest bozicj

Our surgeon recommended it when we had Python's leg (front right) amputated and I kind of brushed it off but then she got an infection and her wound opened. Flash forward to 5 weeks post-amp today and I wish we had just gotten the dog leggs for her. It would have kept pressure on the site and probably minimized our trips to the emergency vet when she got her cone off and removed the bandage herself...

Hind-sight!

I do so wish someone would make a complete prosthetic leg that can be used on a leg amputation.

We put a t-shirt or boxer shorts (depending on the leg) on ours following amputation if needed. Thankfully no one has pulled their staples out. (Knock on wood)

This is Vallery with her prosthetic from OrthoPets in Denver, CO. Part of her foot was amputated due to a racing injury.

Greyhound_Kiowa_Vallery_zps23e2241d.jpg

ValleryNov12_zps55cf9913.jpg

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Jengrey1

My grey Socks got pressure sores on her hip and shoulder of her good side, just after her amputation. She had her right front leg amputated. I was worried to death that they would get infected. Thankfully they never did. I looked at the link and I wonder if I should try this out on her since she still loves to lay on hard surfaces.

Guest bozicj

My grey Socks got pressure sores on her hip and shoulder of her good side, just after her amputation. She had her right front leg amputated. I was worried to death that they would get infected. Thankfully they never did. I looked at the link and I wonder if I should try this out on her since she still loves to lay on hard surfaces.

Even though we're past the worst of Python's amputation recovery I am seriously considering getting this since we do have hard floors in our house that do feel good to lay on on those hot days :)

Semi-related: I think it's just a great idea that someone could come up with this, a harness certainly didn't work for us (and I'm sure you experienced the same) since there weren't two front legs to keep it in place! Maybe something like this would have given her some comfort when moving around just from the compression.

Even though we're past the worst of Python's amputation recovery I am seriously considering getting this since we do have hard floors in our house that do feel good to lay on on those hot days :)

Semi-related: I think it's just a great idea that someone could come up with this, a harness certainly didn't work for us (and I'm sure you experienced the same) since there weren't two front legs to keep it in place! Maybe something like this would have given her some comfort when moving around just from the compression.

I'm glad you are past the worst of the recovery, but you are right to consider tools that may help in the future. Schon will work with you to get the right product for Python. She has other products that are not on the website and can do custom work. She will also refer you if she doesn't have or can't make what you need. An Irish Wolfhound who used to live in my neighborhood was one of her models -- he had huge swollen elbows and her product helped relieve the pressure and pain.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

• 2 months later...
Guest WindersMom

Schon Gross is no longer at DogLeggs, she can be reached at her new company, Phoenix Design Solutions, www.phoenixdesignsolutionsllc.com or call at 703 715 0333.

She is very knowledgeable and committed to the well being of our best friends. She helped me out just last week. I trust her with my guys.