New Member Bio

Guest Mad4greys

Guest Mad4greys

Hi Guys!

I've posted a little bit on here, but I figure I should introduce myself. I'm Maddie from Charleston, SC. I'm a student at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) working on my Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. I love physical therapy and am so excited to be working towards a career with so much hope! I'm one of the younger members on here (early 20s) and a first-time greyhound owner, so I have much to learn! Thanks to many who contribute to this site; it's been a huge help both in decided to adopt and since I've adopted.

One of the main questions I get asked is how I came to own a greyhound. Honestly, thank the internet! :P I wanted a good apartment dog, and I literally googled just that. Greyhounds came up on basically every list, so I decided to check them out. I became more and more convinced that this was the breed for me, googled to find an adoption/rescue group in my area, and the rest is history. I adopted Gatsby (DKC Great Gatsby) on 7.13.13. He's been an amazing dog and a great companion! He's a big sweet heart who just loves to be with me. :) Couldn't be more pleased with my dog and the breed in general!

75995_10153064354605084_1041420880_n_zps

603331_10153055727195084_408431700_n_zps

Edited by Mad4greys

:wave Welcome Maddie and Gatsby!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Mad4greys

Congratulations! And if you don't know, there's a big greyhound event coming up in your state at the end of September! -- Beach Bound Hounds in Myrtle Beach.

Thanks! And no, I didn't know that. Thanks for the link!

Hi Maddie,

Greetings from Gainesville, FL! :welcome2

Gatsby is so handsome!! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome...maybe I can answer some greyhound questions and you can answer my PT questions :colgate

Gatsby is adorable.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest freightsmom

Hi Guys!

I've posted a little bit on here, but I figure I should introduce myself. I'm Maddie from Charleston, SC. I'm a student at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) working on my Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. I love physical therapy and am so excited to be working towards a career with so much hope! I'm one of the younger members on here (early 20s) and a first-time greyhound owner, so I have much to learn! Thanks to many who contribute to this site; it's been a huge help both in decided to adopt and since I've adopted.

One of the main questions I get asked is how I came to own a greyhound. Honestly, thank the internet! :P I wanted a good apartment dog, and I literally googled just that. Greyhounds came up on basically every list, so I decided to check them out. I became more and more convinced that this was the breed for me, googled to find an adoption/rescue group in my area, and the rest is history. I adopted Gatsby (DKC Great Gatsby) on 7.13.13. He's been an amazing dog and a great companion! He's a big sweet heart who just loves to be with me. :) Couldn't be more pleased with my dog and the breed in general!

75995_10153064354605084_1041420880_n_zps

603331_10153055727195084_408431700_n_zps

I knew he had to be a Dodgem by Design pup with that face and markings of the eyeliner and he is! My Cruise is his half brother, along with several other thousands pups, and had the exact same face when he was younger. Congrats and welcome to the world of greyhounds :)